23

IT'S OUR SECOND day in Hawaii. We played a couple different games after hide and seek yesterday, until Mr and Mrs Ashford came home. They took us out for dinner, and by the time we got back pretty much everyone was half asleep. It's now just before noon, and we're all in the back of a family wagon on our way to some beach or something. I'm pretty sure thats where we're going but I was half asleep when Margot told us this morning. Mornings after late nights are not for me.

I have on a cute little navy blue bikini underneath my shorts and tank top, which I bought that time Parker and I were ditched at the mall together. He's in the back with Neki, and I'm pretty sure they're both sound asleep. Jackson is beside me playing on his switch, and James is beside him looking out the window.

The music is playing quietly, but loud enough to fill the silence. I like silence in the morning. It should be illegal for people to speak before 10am. The car comes to a stop and I turn my attention to our surroundings. We're in a car park over looking a beach, miles and miles of clear blue water. It's beautiful.

"Wake up kiddies!" Mrs Ashford claps her hands together excitedly as she turns around to face us.

I hear Neki groan from behind me as Jackson pulls his headphones off. I unclip my seatbelt, doing Jack's too since it's next to mine and slide the door open.

The air is fresh once we step out, and I take a deep, deep breath. The second door opens and Parker gets out. He reaches up to the sky, groaning as he stretches and his shirt lifts, revealing the waistband of his shorts and a happy trail in the centre of his V line.

I pull my eyes away quickly, embarrassed about the heat creeping up my neck. Neki appears, punching Parker in the stomach mid stretch and making him fold. I laugh, until Parker looks up at me, and I wipe the smile off my face as quickly as possible.

James hands me my beach bag from the trunk.

"Thanks." I smile, slinging it over my shoulder.

We begin to walk down to the beach. I slip my shoes and socks off, carrying them so I don't have sand in my converse for the rest of my life. It's hot beneath my feet, almost unbearable alongside the weather, but not quite.

"How about here?" Margot stops, holding a hand out as she gestures to the area.

We agree and begin to set down our bags, Parker unfolding and placing down the chair he carried for her. His mom thanks him with a kiss on the cheek before sitting down and pulling out her book, and I smile. I love their relationship. It reminds me of the way me and my mom were. I unfold my towel, setting it down beside Neki's.

"Can we go swim?" he asks, looking between James, Parker and I.

James nods, his shirt already off, and he wore his swim shorts here. His lips curl up into a smirk.

"Race you!" he yells as he sets off down the beach, heading for the water.

Neki attempts to run after him, forgetting that his pants are still on around his ankles, causing him to trip.

"Cheater!" he calls after him, stepping out of them and continuing to run. He pulls his shirt over his head, discarding it beside a random families picnic blanket. I laugh.

I pull my shirt over my head, and as I begin to unbutton my shorts, I notice Parker watching me. I continue anyway, his eyes running down my body causing me to shiver despite the heat, as I slip my shorts down my legs and step out of them.

"You coming?" I raise my eyebrows, bringing his attention back to my face. He almost looks like he didn't realise he was staring.

"Yeah." he says bluntly as he begins to pull his shirt off. "You wanna come Jack?"