08

The Black Pearl took off into full sail, instantly busying the crew with their duties. Catherine pushed herself, despite her body screaming for her to continue to lay down, to go find her very loving, and stupid husband.

She abandoned Will, moving across the ship as Jack swung himself on to the deck, dripping wet. The face pain had begun to smear down his face, she noticed, along with noticing Mr. Gibbs coming up to his captain.

"Let's put some distance between us and the island and head out to open sea," She heard him suggest.

Catherine slipped past Mr. Gibbs towards Jack, who was instantly reaching for her to pull to his wet side. "Yes to the first. Yes to the second, but only insofar as we keep to the shallows."

Ragetti and Pintel came to drape Jack's coat over his we shoulders, earning a strange look from him, and a glaring one from Catherine.

Pirates.

"That seems a bit contradictory, captain," Mr. Gibbs said carefully.

"I have faith in your reconciliatory navigational skills. Now where is that monkey? I want to shoot something." Jack's finger squeezed Catherine's hip. And as if on cue, the monkey screeched, dropping something between the pirate and his quartermaster. Ragetti instantly dropped down to the ground, picking up his fake eye and cleaning it instantly.

Catherine made a face, wincing at the disgusting sight, before lookin to her husband. "I am going to kill you," She said dangerously low, yet not real venom was in her words.

This caused the signature grin of the pirate to grow on his paint covered face. "Oh I do love when you make hostile treats to me, darling," He purred, squeezing her hip again.

Pushing aside the burning sensation that was instantly lit inside her, she shook her partially wet hair out of her face. "Now is not the time, Jack." The pirates grin instantly dropped. He knew she was right, despite the honest truth of his words. When he didn't speak, Catherine spoke again, "I was really scared for you, Jack. Again." Her brows dipped with her frown. Before she could stop herself she shoved Jack's chest softly, not to hurt him or to push him away, but to make a point. "Don't scare me like that again." There was a pleading in her eyes that matched the gentle sound of her voice.

The pirate gave a small sigh, pushing a strand of hair out of her face. His fingers trailed down the side of her face to cup her jaw. "I know. I'm sorry, Catherine. I won't scare you like that again. I can't promise, because well...you know...but I won't scare you again." She did want to give a chuckle knowing he couldn't keep his promise.

"Because you are an idiot," She said humorously. Jack balanced noises in his throat as if he was either going to agree or disagree with her. "No, it's okay, you can say it. You can say you are an idiot." Jack gave her a glare causing the corners of her mouth to turn up. "I think it could be really good for you to say it."

Jack's jaw dropped, pretending to look entirely offended by her words. But she knew he was only doing it to make her laugh, which she did.

An endearing gleam grew in his eyes as he settled the dark orbs on his love, a look that has rested on her one too many times without her noticing. He grew softer, serious. "Are you alright, love?" Jack went to hold Catherine's face, pressing a kiss to her forehead, causing whatever was left of her anger to melt away.

She leaned into his palm. "I won't lie," Catherine let out a deep sigh, "I am very tired now. I have never run so much in my life. Or used so much muscle. I was almost tempted to let the Pelegostos get me so I didn't have to run anymore."

The pirate shook his head. "And let those people take you away from me, I think not Mrs. Sparrow." The lilt in his voice returned, a subtle purr in the use of her married name.