viii. 𝐃𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝?

Hang overs were real

Hang overs were real. Alexa's head was pounding when she woke, hearing two voices. Demetri and Ty. It had to be. But, that wasn't Demetri. No, Demetri didn't have a southern accent and sound like he smoked a pack a day. Alexa got to her feet, pushing the orange blanket off her waist. Demetri had left tylenol and a water by her bed, Alexa taking it quickly with a clear of her throat.

"No, you need to hold back. Today is important for her and you're not gonna ruin it with your problems." Ty was laying it on thick, angry and protective like. He was a jerk, always had been a jerk. But, bottom line? He loved Alexa more then he loved anyone else.

"Momma?" Alexa asked, staring at the woman in the kitchen. Months. It had been months since she'd seen Deena or even heard from her. Last time she was here, she bolted when Randy needed her back in Texas.

"Hey, babe." Deena smiled at her, walking over with curios eyes. "Are you hung over?"

"Wonder where she picked up on that from." Ty said bitterly, watching their mom hug Alexa. "Go get your gi on, Alex. I'm gonna drive you to the All Valley."

"How long are you here for?" Alexa smiled at her mom, her head hurting, but bearable. "Are you coming to my competition?"

"No, she's not." Ty spoke up before Deena had the chance to. "She's leaving. Just stopping by."

Alexas face fell as she looked to her mom. "You're leaving?"

"Course not." Deena sent a glare to Ty. "No, i'm home for good now."

"You are?" Alexa smiled, rubbing her eyes. "Is dad with you?"

"Mom." Ty spoke up. "Let it go."

Alexa looked over. "Let what go?"

It was silent, Deena looked guilty and Ty looked beyond angry. Alexas heart raced, looking back and forth. "What? What's he talking about, mom?"

"We can talk about it after your competition." Deena smiled, it was forced and fake. "Why don't you tell m-"

"No, I want to know right now." Alexa looked in confusion and anger. Her eyes darted back and forth between the two. "What? Are you keeping fucking secrets from me?"

"Hey, watch your language." Deena gave her a stern look.

"Why?" Alexa shot back at her. "You gonna run off before punishing me for it?"

"Mom, just leave!" Ty tried to cut in, just wanting to protect Alexa from having today, a day she'd talked his ear off about, to be ruined.

"I'm not gonna just leave, Tyler!" Deena rose her voice at him. "I'm coming home."

"Why? Cause you have no more money?" he shouted her way.

"What the hell is going on?" Alexa yelled over their bickering.

"Because I want to be here with the two of you, that's why." Deena looked in disbelief toward Ty. "You aren't even supportive of me trying."

"No, because I know you're just gonna take off the second anything doesn't roll over fucking perfectly." Ty argued with a anger look in his eye.

Alexa shoved Ty as he stumbled. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't you shove me." he argued, shoving her back as Alexa fell into the couch.

"Don't you fucking shove me!" she gave him a hard shove, Ty hitting the door as he tried to fight her off.

"Both of you, knock it off!" Deena tried to get their fighting to stop. Alexa shoved Ty again, the door shaking.

"Get off me!" Ty shoved Alexa harshly, making her try and hit him in the face. "You're just like fucking dad!"

"Stop keeping shit from me!" Alexa yanked him so he hit the couch, Ty yanking her arm so she fell over the couch.

"Enough!" Deena spoke to the pair to get them to separate. "Alexa, baby, no one's keeping anything from you."

"Oh, now you're gonna lie to her face?" Ty laughed in disbelief.

"You don't want me to say anything to her!" Deena shot back with wide eyes.

"So then say you'll talk about it after the All Valley, don't just fucking lie to her!" Ty waved his hand around in disbelief. "Guess you forgot how to parent, right? Oh, wait, no, you never did. That was all me!"

"Why do you think i'm here?" Deena yelled as him.

"What? Sixteen years later you wanna step up and be a goddamn parent for once?" Ty clapped. "Yeah, mom of the fucking year!"

"I couldn't help our situation." Deena jabbed a finger at him. "I'm the mom!"

"Then act like it." he shot back with a glare. "Don't have a kid and expect your five your old to step up and be the adult. Don't sit back and do nothing when dad fucking hits on us so much that I gotta run away and get custody of my little sister that, let me remind you, i've had to take care of my entire life!"

"I'm here now! Your dad isn't!" Deena yelled at him.

"You wouldn't have set foot in this shit hole if you didn't need a place to sleep." Ty glared at her harshly. Like Alexa, he hadn't gotten the height gene either. All his height went to his attitude, his tone, as it did Alexa. But, maybe that was from how they grew up. "Like a stray dog."

"Oh, yeah, talk to your mother like that." Deena scoffed in disbelief.

"Just did." he argued. "What? You expect either of us to act differently after the man you kept in our lives? You act all shocked when I tell you Alexas beating the shit out of everyone now? Really?"

"He's fucking dead so it doesn't matter anymore!" Deena shot back out of anger. Ty's jaw tightened, holding his hand out in disbelief and annoyance.

Alexa stared from the couch. "Dads dead?"

Deena realized what she said, looking over. Ty did the same, back toward Deena. "Nice going. You ruin the one day she's been looking forward to."

"How'd he die?" Alexa spoke up, blinking as she stared at her mom.

Deena shook her head. "Alexa, we can talk about it after your competition."

She laughed in disbelief. "So, you want to just lay dad being dead on me but don't want to say anything else? Right. That's great, mom."

Alexa grabbed her karate bag at the door, leaving with a slam of the front door.

kylie speaks

short but extremely important
chapter. ty is so misunderstood
but i understand him so much
and relate a little too much.
i want to dive into him so much
more.

i want to dive into him so muchmore