Goodnight

You are cuddling with your boyfriend in his bed one night. It was really late and you were tired, but you wanted to talk. You wanted to know more about him. You liked him a lot, but you didn't love him yet. It's only been three weeks after all. So you ask him the first thing that comes to your mind. "Babe?" you ask. "Yeah, hun?" he says back. His voice is beautiful. "You're a virgin, right?" He props himself up on his elbow to look at you from above. "Yeah." he says, "Why?" "Just wondering." You think for a minute, breathing slowly. "What do you expect? I mean..." you daze off, not knowing what to say. He waits and looks at you with expectant eyes. "I was just wondering when you think couples should have...sex for the first time. I'm just curious..." You avoid his eyes because of your awkward questions. He giggles softly at you. "Baby, don't you worry. This," he gestures to his body curled around yours. "is plenty for me. I'm ready when you are, honey." He lays back down and hugs you close. You sigh. "You didn't answer the question." you say. He moves his body, adjusting a little bit. You don't like pushing things, but this is one thing you want to be on the same page for. "Personally," he starts. "I think a couple should wait a least a month, if not two. But it's more of a feeling than a time frame. With you, right now, I feel comfortable. I feel like we're ready. But what do I know?" He moves again, obviously a little uncomfortable with the subject. "I do know that I love you. I won't push anything on you though, I promise that. You tell me when you're ready, baby. Is that a good answer for you?" he finishes. You smile a little at his answer and back into him to get closer. "Yeah, that's good." You turn your head around and kiss him goodnight. In that moment, you finally know that you really love him.