In Class

The only reason you can tolerate math class is because of him. He sits next to you, the man with deep green eyes and short black hair who you've grown to love. He takes his seat right to the left of you and smiles. Your desks' touch, like you wish your hands' would. He looks over at you and smiles. He always does. You smile back and hide your pink cheeks with the palm of your hand. He makes your stomach flutter. Everything about him causes your skin to prickle, like you just touched ice. He isn't cold though. He's more like a warm, sunny, summer day in a park with birds chirping all around you. He is amazing and wonderful, and you want nothing more, nothing less, than him by you for the rest of your life. But you're sure that he wants different. How, why, would he want you? You look down at your body as if to prove your point. Right then, you look at your side, at him, because his knee brushed against yours. Butterflies attack, eating your insides. You smile into your palm and try to concentrate on the teacher. His foot touches yours, for only a second. You can see him blush and wonder if that was an accident. It had to be. It must have been an accident, both times. You were convinced it wasn't on purpose until he shifted over, closer to you, making your calves touch. This, you know, was on purpose. You look up at him and he's already looking at you. His eyes search yours. Suddenly, as if he got shy, he turned his head to the front of the class to the teacher. You frown and turn your head too. It must not have meant anything. You sigh. As you take your next breath, you feel cautious, warm fingers poking at yours. You look down, surprised by the touch, and realize they are his fingers. You take his hand willingly and smile at the unfamiliar touch.