the start of it all

NEW BOOK - AN ASHTRAY BASED FICTIONAL STORY IS OUT NOW.

Called hiraeth - I would appreciate it so much if you could just have a look, you won't regret it.

-

Rue and Melody had just returned from rehab that week, they had been best friends since they were 5, they did everything together, especially drugs. The first time they did drugs was a little over a year ago, things escalated quickly if you couldn't tell, Rue overdosed, and no doubt Mel was close to reaching that point to. Rue's parents found her stash, and Mels sister found hers, The only person left Mel has, her mom fucked off a long time ago, and she doesn't know shit about her dad. And so they were sent of to rehab, together.
Shit was hard, but they didnt plan to actually stay sober.

the start.
God how i missed Los Angeles, the sun, the trees, the typical American houses, just everything.
oh and the people in it ofc, God how hard shit would have been if i didn't have rue there with me. We are both 2 months clean now, i don't plan on keeping it that way though.
Me and Rue arrive at the local shop, closest to my house, which isn't really ideal as a drug dealer runs it. I mean i've never met him but i've heard shit about him. Rue gets our drugs from him, i just never went, i'm actually careful. You don't know the shit your getting into fucking with the wrong dealer, but idk, he might be nice. Rue n him are like bro and sis.
"Yo RUE" I hear a deep raspy voice shout as we turn the corner.
"fezzzzzz how you doin?" Rue runs up to him and smacks the back of his head jokingly.
So this is him. He's sat in a chair outside the shop, a joint behind his ear.
"wassup kid, how you feelin?"
"pretty good i guess, Rehab was a shit hole"
i walk closer to the both of them and stand next to Rue, directly infront of him.
"so is this the Melody i'm always hearing about, yo lil drug buddy?"
"hey!" i shout in disagreement jokingly, he chuckles
"im just playin, n how are you feelin?"
"i mean i aint plan on staying sober"
me and Rue look at eachother and laugh, knowing our plans of going back to exactly how we used to be.
I look at fez and he's giving me a disapproving look
"Damn, be careful kid"
kid? Tf im like 2 years younger than him?
"Yo fr where is ashtray" Rue shouts running into the shop.
I smile at Fez, he just continues to stare at me while pulling the joint from behind his ear and putting it in his mouth, I trail off after Rue.
"Damn Rue you aint dead"
There is a literal Child selling drugs?
"Whos this?"
he questions, giving me a look. Damn what a scary child.
"Melody, nice to meet you?"
I say leaning against the wall, He nods and gives me a fist bump, nice?
We take what we want and of course Rue makes a lie up that Fez is spotting us, is he fuck.
"So you coming to this party tonight?"
"yeah ofc my sister dont care no more, its great"
"damn i wish i had that, My moms still on my back so i aint doing these drugs until the party"
"yeah cool cool, Ill take them, be at mine in an hour, and we can just do some at mine and save some, you get me?"
"ohhh yeahhh"
we reach my house.
"Right, see you later RuRu"
"don't call me that."
I laugh and shut the door behind me and stroll up to my room, the house is dead silent as usual, my sister really couldn't give a fuck about me anymore, she basically lives at her boyfriends now, i get occasional texts and money every week from her, but its better having the house to myself, AND money to get the shit i want.
As i lay down i cant help but think about Fez, and the way he looks at me. Im fucking myself up feeling like this toward a drug dealer, but oh my oh myyy. His eyes, and his voice, and the way he cares so much but shows it so little, I dont know but we could never happen.