ten

__

__

In the morning, the guilt is bearable if not pleasant.

A dull ache deep down in Wooyoung's head, comparable (and related) to the dull ache deep down in his back which has him tucking his knees to his chest, San pressed behind him, and it's - okay.

Everything is definitely not fine, but it at least feels like it's going to be.

Wooyoung thinks about what the therapist has said about metacognition.

Being aware of himself, his emotions.

He evaluates his mood and deems it not actually terrible; he recaps the previous night for himself, the hour or so after all the drama during which San had gotten them out of the shower, dried them off, tucked Wooyoung into bed.

San had gone out to confirm with Mingi that Hongjoong and Seonghwa were going to be okay, and then he'd returned, calmer than he had been, and he'd fallen back to bed, a soft acoustic playlist looping on San's phone and weaving in and out of Wooyoung's dreams.

"You awake?" San asks, drawing Wooyoung from his thoughts.

"Yeah," Wooyoung says.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," Wooyoung assures, forcing himself to sit up.

He's dazed and still tired but he's pulling it together, because he's the one relied on for comfort, and because it's easier to focus on that than it is to think about car crashes and happenstance and blame.

San leans up against the headboard with Wooyoung.

"Hey, take it easy. They're probably all still passed out," San whispers.

"What time is it?"

"Not quite 7:00," San says.

"You can go back to sleep if you want."

"I want to go check on them," Wooyoung insists.

"Even if they're not awake. I want to go make sure."

"Okay," San says, and he helps Wooyoung up, and Wooyoung leans against him with a dazed little sigh.

They make their silent way down the hall, which is lit gray with the filter of light through the curtains.

Mingi and Seonghwa are passed out on the mattress-island that is Mingi and Yunho and Jongho's room, which is kind of surprising.