seven

__

__

Jongho looks at Yunho, and then at Hongjoong, and then at Seonghwa, who's awake again and blinking around all slow and drearily while Hongjoong plays with his fingers.

Yunho looks like he's about to cry.

"They're okay, right?" He asks, glancing over at Jongho.

"So, like...Wooyoung and San. Um. They don't really need to know. We've got it handled."

Jongho swallows, his throat burning.

He sits himself forward and leans his head back against the seat, ignoring the concerned look that the action garners from Mingi.

Fucking summer colds.

"It feels wrong to do that, but..." Jongho shakes his head.

"They could claim that they're coming down with this stupid cold too or something."

Mingi shakes his head, suddenly decisive.

"Yeah. It's fine. This was a one-time thing, and it's not going to happen again, right, Hongjoong? Seonghwa?"

Hongjoong looks up.

"What? You're, like, so squishy, Mingi! I love you."

Seonghwa rouses himself and looks at Mingi with more clarity in his eyes than he's had all night.

"Yeah," he says.

"Mingi is right. It's never going to happen again. Please don't tell Wooyoung. San either, because he'll feel bad for keeping something from Wooyoung."

"I feel fucking horrible," Yunho confesses, bursting into tears.

Hongjoong makes a frantic sound and starts trying to comfort him, but it only makes Yunho cry harder.

"Blame me if you have to," Mingi says, resolute and jaded and kind of fucking scary.

"Don't tell him. He and San had plans to go shopping for new bathroom stuff tomorrow anyways, so we'll just keep them out of the house until these two are okay again."

Jongho bites his lip.

"It might be difficult, but I hid it from my mom and teachers and stuff, so it's probably not impossible. Joong, hey, look at me."