five

__

__

Yunho's phone goes off at 2:26 a.m., and, somehow, Mingi and Jongho sleep through it.

"Seonghwa? Are you and Hongjoong okay?" Yunho asks, whispering and climbing out of bed to head into the bathroom so he won't wake up the others.

Yunho doesn't really mind the interruption - he's just been up watching Netflix on his phone, and he's probably the only one in the house who's still awake.

"Did you guys get locked out or something?"

"Yunho," Seonghwa says, sounding not at all okay, his name coming out slurred out and shaking.

Yunho freezes.

Something is wrong.

"What's going on? Tell me, Seonghwa," Yunho commands, still whispering even though he's wondering if he shouldn't be rousing Mingi and Jongho to get some help.

"Yunho, I'm so - hey, Hongjoong, don't walk off," Seonghwa says.

"Both of me. Both of us. Me and Hongjoong."

"What?" Yunho asks, confused.

"Seonghwa, you're not making sense. What's wrong?"

"Yunho, fuck, we fucked up. We fucked up and you have to - Hongjoong's not-"

Yunho is already leaving the room.

Stepping out into the hall, phone pressed to his ear with a shaking hand.

"I'm getting San and Wooyoung-"

"No, no, nooooo," Seonghwa slurs.

"Don't tell them, promise. Promise."

"What?" Yunho halts right in front of San and Wooyoung's door.

The nightlight is on in the hall but there are shadows that look scary, the darkness a threat more than it's ever been before.

Yunho has always been comforted by a lack of light, happy to hide under the covers in the morning when even Mingi's blackout curtains can't keep the sunlight from creeping in and showing Yunho his own body.

Yunho likes the dark so he can't see himself.

It helps.