(27) Dada and Kookie

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

The pencil in his hand dragged itself across the paper creating the lines his hand was so used to drawing at this point it had become nothing more than muscle memory. Jungkook could see the way the lines easily merged to create the outline of his husband's face.

Yes, Jungkook has discovered a new hobby, painting a certain someone.

Somehow his hand knew before he did that this one was going to be a portrait of Taehyung smiling as he watched Soo play, a very specific smile. A gentle knock on the door of his bedroom, brought him to a pause in his drawing. Before the door opened he knew who it was, only one person knocked on the door before entering, everyone else just barged in.

"Kookie?" Soo's voice asked tentatively.

"Hey kiddo" Jungkook said, turning to face the little one.

"Do you need something?" Jungkook asked as Soo made his way inside the bedroom.

"Someone at play-school asked Soo a weird question today" Soo said, unable to stand completely still. Jungkook could tell that he was nervous by the way he played with his hands and shook his legs.

"He asked what Soo calls you and Dada" Soo chimed in, filling in the information he hadn't yet gotten out. Jungkook smiled at the nervousness of the boy because he wouldn't expect anything less from the little one, his dynamic reminded him of how he was growing up.

"Dada and I told you stuff like that might happen and you just have to remember that people are curious and-" Jungkook said with a smile.

"Shhh!" Soo hushed Jungkook which shocked him only a tiny bit.

"It's not like that Kookie. Soo just wanted some help to why Soo calls you Kookie and that Soo calls Dada, Dada"

"Soo realised you and Dada or Grandma never said what to call you and it just came to be Kookie and Dada" Soo explained, cutely.

"Okay" Jungkook said, curious and confused.

"Well now Soo is a little con- conc-" Soo tried his best to explain.

"Concerned" Jungkook helped him with the big word.

"Yes and Soo wants to know if you're hurt that Soo only calls Dada, Dada, and calls you Kookie"

Jungkook leaned back in his chair. He never thought he would have this conversation with his little one, but he had wondered what compelled Soo to call him Kookie.

"Why do you call me Kookie?" Jungkook asked, turning the question around.

"Because Soo loves you" Soo smiled showing off his teeth, something he was fairly proud of.

"Duh!" Soo added as he gave Jungkook a look that clearly asked the question, 'why is Kookie so dumb?'

"I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused" Jungkook said.