I'm A Fire And I'll Keep Your Brittle Heart Warm

"It looks so different now," you said as you entered the cave with Druig behind you. You lit the way with your fire. After the Emergence, you, Druig, Phastos, Makkari and Thena had all agreed to go to Ajak's farm in South Dakota. Sersei and Sprite had gone to London to meet up with Kingo. But Druig said he wanted to take you somewhere first.

"It's been centuries since we returned," he reminded you. You made your way through the cave until you found yourselves at the river. "I'm surprised it's still here," he said as you put out your fire.

He looked around the wall, until he found what he was looking for. He smirked as he took your hand and led you to it. The words had faded a bit, the stone having eroded with time, but there still were your names carved in the stone, Y/N and Druig. You smiled as you traced the letters with your finger. "Did I ever tell you why I was so insistent on carving this?" You asked him.

He wrapped him arms around your waist, pressed against your back. "Why?"

"When I carved them, I knew I was going to love you forever," you said. "And I was right. I still love you. Even when I didn't know who I was, I loved you."

"As I love you," he said.

You turned and put your hand on his cheek. "Thena told me she and Makkari have decided to leave," you said. "They want to go out and find other Eternals, and tell them the truth we have learned."

His eyes stared into yours. "You want to go with them."

"Only if you want to as well," you said. "I can't say goodbye to you again."

"I told you before, my love, I'd follow you to the ends of the universe."

"But do you want to go?" You asked. You wanted to go. You felt a responsibility now that you knew the truth, to tell the others of your kind the horror behind your mission. You knew Druig would go with you. You wanted to go with him, but you wanted to be sure he wanted it too.

"I do," he said after a moment. "Seems only right the others know what we are doing."

You smiled, leaning up to press your lips against his. "Can we stay here a bit?" You asked. "I want to carve these deeper again. Who knows when we'll return."

He nodded. "We can stay as long as you like."

——

You decided to fly to London next. Sersei had texted you that Kingo was going to watch over Sprite, and well you wanted to see them. Even though Sprite had betrayed you and followed Ikaris, you still cared for her. She had been part of your life for 7000 years. And while she had been right, your bond with Thena had always been stronger, you still loved Sprite like a sister. You wanted to make sure she was alright, that she didn't regret her decision to be become human.

Also you wanted to meet Sersei's boyfriend, Dane. His picture was cute.

"You are so much cuter in person," you told him. Druig glared at you but you ignored him. "You should definitely use angles more when you take photos. I have this great photographer friend in New York, maybe she can help."

He chuckled awkwardly. "Thanks. I think. But I'm okay."

"I've been telling him that for days," Kingo said. "Hey, Y/N, maybe you can hook me up with your photographer friend. I'm looking for a new photographer for the set of Shadow Warrior 4. Is she cute, cause you know. I'm a movie star." He pushed his hair back dramatically

"Oh God, I think you just burned my eyes," you pretended to rub your eyes.

"Seriously? Is no one seeing it? This is exactly like she was before her memories supposedly came back. I'm telling you, we've been lied to," Kingo said.