Don't Tell Me That Your Love Is Gone

Kingo's Plane - Present Day

"Sersei?" You said quietly. You were all back on the plane on the way to the Amazon. Now the others had decided to sleep for a bit, not knowing when they'd get to rest again. Your mind was too restless to let you sleep just yet. You had too many questions. You pushed aside all your burning questions about Druig because there was something else that had also left you dying with curiosity.

She looked up from her phone. "Yes, Y/N?"

"Can you tell me about my powers? You guys told me I control the elements, but I don't get it. I've never been able to do anything like that before."

She smiled at you, locking her phone and putting it down. "Yes, you could control the elements. You could control earth, air, water and fire. Though fire was always a bit more draining for you. It's too uncontrollable. As to why you haven't been able to use them until now, I don't know. Are you sure nothing has happened to indicate you could have had powers before?"

You thought about it. "Well, before you guys got there, the Deviant that was attacking me in New York flew away from me suddenly. I thought it was you guys though."

"We don't have that power," she said. "But it's interesting that it came out when you were in danger. Have you been in any life threatening situations before?"

"Sersei, believe me when I say my life was abnormally boring until you all showed up," you said. "Nothing ever happened to me."

She looked thoughtful for a moment. "I wonder if it was part of Ajak's plan when she erased you, to hide your powers until you were in life threatening danger."

"Do you think I could use them again now that I know?"

"Maybe," she answered. "I'm sure we'll all be in life threatening danger very soon, so I would assume we'll find out soon enough."

"Why doesn't that seem reassuring?" You smirked before yawning.

She smiled at you. "You should get some sleep, we have a few hours before we get there."

"Thanks," you nodded, leaning back in your chair and closing your eyes. You suddenly felt you'd be okay if you didn't get your powers back soon.

—-

You were standing in front of a window, looking down at the Earth. It was so blue and green and beautiful. And you were going to protect it.

"Think this'll turn out to be an easy one?" a voice spoke from your side. You turned your head to see him standing next to you now, his blue eyes also on the planet below.

"The Deviants are never easy, are they?" you responded. "I'm Y/N."

"Druig," he said. He turned to look at you, his eyes captivating your own. You found yourself overwhelmed under his gaze and had to look away, settling to look back down at Earth.

"Y/N?" Sersei gently shook you awake. "We're here."

You jolted awake. "I'm awake, I'm awake."

Sprite laughed at you. "Judging by the drool on your face, it must have been a good dream."

"Was it a sex dream?" Kingo turned in his seat to join the conversation.

"Leave her alone, Kingo," Gilgamesh said as he stood from his seat and stretched. But then he eyed the red in your cheeks. "Oh naughty Y/N, it was! Who was it?"

Your face grew hotter. "Shut up, Gilgamesh it was not!"

He just laughed at you, causing you to smile despite the embarrassment. Before he had fallen asleep, you had spent time talking with the friendly giant. You liked him a lot. He was funny, and regaled you with many of your adventures in the past. You got the sense that he was a major gossip. He spent quite a bit of time highlighting all the juiciest deets about the rest of the Eternals' lives, especially Kingo's past hook ups. You'd covered your ears for that.