Chapter 13

"Welcome back to Transfiguration. I've created a seating chart for the rest of the year," Professor McGonagall said waving her wand and a seating chart appeared on the board.

     "Would you look at that, both of us are sitting next to each other," Charlie said excitedly pulling me to our seats?

     "I'm so glad," I said smiling, and looked back to where Nathan sat.

     He gave me a smile and a wave.

     I quickly turned around and started a conversation with Charlie, "Okay so I found this book about dragons in the library and I got it for you since I know you love dragons."

     "Aww you think about me all the time," Charlie said putting a hand on his heart.

     I rolled my eyes and pulled out the book, "Here, it reminded me of you."

     "Wizards, Witches, and Dragons: Fantasy Novel of a Daily Life of a Dragon Pet," Charlie read aloud, "You know, sometimes you're so sweet that I don't know why you aren't in Hufflepuff."

     I looked at him offended, "Do not compare me to those shit-eating devils, besides Tonks and Aubrey, of course!"

     Charlie just chuckled as Minerva started the lesson. 

     "Today we will be reviewing the importance of knowing the shape of an object so you can change its form...," Minerva continued talking as I droned out.

     Minerva being my favorite professor and all so you would think that I love Transfiguration, I mean I do love it but the lectures are SO boring that sleep seems like a better option.

     "Lilah," Charlie slightly nudged me right as my eyes were about to close.

     "What," I whispered quietly. 

     "We have to write an essay about the art of changing form and the appearance of something," Charlie whispered back.

     I groaned, "Why another essay?"

     "You'll be fine," Charlie said gently rubbing my back as I put my face in my hands and pulled my hair back.

     "Are those complains I hear Ms. Solace," Minerva asked walking over to Charlie and I's table.

     "No," I said sighing.

     "Well then great, you better get started, it's due at the end of the period," Minerva said giving me a tight-lipped smile. 

     Minerva might have favored me in every other way but when it was during her class, I had to deal with her wrath as equally as all the other students would have to. As much as I hated that, it made so much sense, I would probably hate it if Minerva gave all her attention to someone else.

     "Charlie let me see what you wrote," I whispered snatching his parchment. 

     'I'm hungry' I read and facepalmed. 

     "Seriously," I whispered handing it back.

     "I was brainstorming but I can't brainstorm without food," Charlie said as if it was the more simple thing in the world.

     I reached into my back and pulled out a licorice wand and secretly handed it to Charlie, "Don't let Minerva take that away from you."

      "Did I tell you that you are my favorite person in the world," Charlie whispered bumping his shoulder while mine?

     "No Charlie I don't have any more snacks for you," I whispered rolling my eyes clearly knowing what he was doing. 

     "Hush you two," Minerva whispered with a glare.