Chapter 8: Siren's Grotto

"Where's the captain?" One of the crewmen asks as we board the ship.

Jack just grins in response and Gibbs nodds his head.

"Finally got your revenge, huh Captain?"

"Yes... he will always remeber this day as they day he almost decieved Captain Jack Sparrow!" Jack replies with a wink and his crew laughs. "I am once again captain of the pearl! Now get back to your posts and set sail!"

"Revenge... for what?" I furrow my brows.

"I'll never forget the day he stole my ship with a mutiny and left me marooned on an island." He put his hands on his hips. "It was daunting experience but of course I persevered."

I frown and he raises an eyebrow in confusion.

"You don't seem impressed?" He adds. "Would you like to hear the story of my great escape?"

"No..." I sigh.

"My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled." He lays a hand on my shoulder. "A shilling for your thoughts?"

"You jeopardize a man's life for your own selfish desires..." I cross my arms. "I was just beginning to think you had some good in you, but this just solidifies the fact that you are a terrible person."

"I told you love, it's a pirate thing." He shrugs off my words and I can feel tears begin to well up in my eyes.

"I bet if you didn't need me anymore you'd leave me in that hole too." I try to fight them back, my throat feeling tight. "So how should I expect this to end? You use me then take the ring and dump me somewhere... or better yet maybe you can just kill me."

The confidence in Jack's stance had faded and his eyes become sad like a puppy that had just been scolded.

I cannot hold the tears back any longer and they stream down my face like a broken dam.

"I want to go home... I want my father and my books... I want my lack Lustre  life back." I squeeze my chest with my hand. "You said I couldnt understand how i feel... but now I do... and I don't like it."

I examine Jacks face though the blurriness of my tears. Why do I feel like this? One minute my heart races with excitement and I can imagine spending my life sailing by his side. The next I am snapped back to reality by his constant red flags.

"I don't know how to say this..." He breaks eye contact and removes his hand from my shoulder. "I dont have much of a way with words." He fiddles with the sleeves of his shirt.

"But..." He continues. "You won't have to worry about any of that."

"How do you I know you mean that?" I hiss.

"Because I told you, I am a man of my word. I don't make promises I can't keep."

"So that is a promise?" I wipe the tears from my cheeks with the back of my hand.

"Yes. I promise to never leave you." He looks back up at me, his face sincere.

He acts as if he were going to say more, but he chokes on his own words.

"Captain, where to next?" Gibbs approaches us.

Jack shakes his head, as if to rid himself of his emotions. "We have to head west toward the Siren's grotto."

"Sirens!?" One of the crewsmen shouts.

"Yes, it is the only way to get to the hidden cave." Jack turns to face all of the men. "You'll just have to brace yourselves. Don't allow yourself to fall victim to their charms."