chapter 21

The car trip home was tensed.

Lisa knew Jennie was angry about her running off to work, but he didn’t own her freedom.

“Who’s that man?” Jennie asked.

“Oh, he’s Felix,” Lisa said. “You met before.”

Jennie couldn’t remember someone irrelevant like Felix.

“Did you eat dinner with him?” Jennie asked.

It was true Lisa did eat dinner with Felix even if he was an irrelevant man. But she didn’t know how to answer Jennie’s question without making him angrier.

“I usually eat dinner with you,” Lisa said.

Jennie didn’t say anything else and the tension in the car intensified.

Only Hanbin was unaffected.

"tomorrow I’ll escort you to see your parents,” Jennie said suddenly.

The hair on Lisa’s body all rose. “No! My parents are ordinary civilians. A boss like you would scare my parents.”

“I’ve prepared everything to meet your parents,” Jennie said. “We’ll leave early in the morning to go to your parents' house.”

Lisa pouted her lips and mombled, "toxic man.”

##

Later that evening, Lisa was too upset with Jennie. She slept on the bed with her back facing Jennie the whole night, but he didn’t change his mind.

Early the following morning, Lisa’s back was sore from sleeping in an awkward position. On the way to her parents' house, Jennie massaged her back but her back was still sore.

At Lisa’s parents' house, Lisa’s mom opened the door and was surprised to see Lisa.

“Old man, your daughter’s home,” Go Eun Manoban said.

“Old woman, there’s no reason for you to be emotional just because she’s home,” Mr Gong Yo Manoban lied.

Gong Yo missed his daughter. He hadn’t seen his daughter for a long time, but he spoke calmly, “You finally decide to visit. I thought you don’t know how to part with your lab. Where’s my grandson?”

“Dad, Leo’s at school,” Lisa said.

Lisa was too happy to see her parents that she forgot about Jennie.

“What’s so good about school?” Gong Yo said. “My grandson is smart enough to go to college. Missing a day at school isn’t an issue. I think you didn’t let him visit, because you’re scared I’ll monopolise him.”

“Old man, what are you saying to your daughter?” Go Eun asked and glared at Gong Yo.

Go Eun noticed a tall man was standing behind her daughter. “Who is this gentleman?”

“Hello aunty, my name is Jennie Kim,” Jennie greeted. “I’m Lisa’s husband.”

“Husband…” Go Eun said in a startled tone of voice.

“Mom, don’t listen to his nonsense… he’s… my boyfriend,” Lisa lied.

Lisa was scared to tell her parents the truth about being married to Jennie, but if she said she had no relations with Jennie then Jennie would be angry.

“Mom, dad, aren’t you two always nagging me about being in the lab all day long?” Lisa asked. “Now I’m bringing my boyfriend home to meet mom and dad.”