chapter 4

“Mr Chen drive to Tao Cang hotel,” Mino said.

Lisa was nervous to have to strange men sit across from her stare at her and the man who saved her sat silently next to her.

“I’m Lisa Manoban,” Lisa said. "thank you… I’m sorry about troubling you earlier.”

None of the men answered Lisa.

“You can drop me off at the street ahead,” Lisa said. “I can take a taxi home.”

Jennie opened his eyes. “Did I say you can leave?”

Lisa looked at the scary intensity in Jennie’s eyes. Her heart pounded and she instinctively moved around the round seat closer to Mino.

“What do you want to do?” Lisa asked. “It’s illegal to kidnap a person.”

Mino and Hanbin laughed. They couldn’t believe Lisa talked about breaking the law in front of their boss.

“What is there to laugh about?” Lisa asked.

Jennie wasn’t pleased Lisa moved closer to Mino.

“Come here,” Jennie said.

“No,” Lisa said.

Mino and Hanbin were scared for Lisa’s life. The last person who dared to argue with their boss had disappeared.

“Come here,” Jennie said impatiently.

“You don’t need to use a scary tone,” Lisa said. Lisa reluctantly moved closer to Jennie.

“I need a girlfriend,” Jennie said.

“What has that got to do with me?” Lisa asked.

“You said I’m your boyfriend,” Jennie said.

“I had no other choice,” Lisa said. “Besides I thanked you.”

“Are you saying you used me?” Jennie asked.

“No…” Lisa denied.

“Ok,” Jennie said.

Jennie laid his head on Lisa’s thighs. She didn’t know what he meant by ok. Why was it ok for him to lay his head on her thighs?

“Hey!” Lisa said.

“Don’t move,” Jennie said.

“Miss Manoban, our boss hasn’t slept for three days and three nights,” Hanbin said. “Can you let him sleep?”

Lisa thought it was pitiful Jennie didn’t sleep for three days and three nights. But it had nothing to do with her.

Lisa looked out the window. Her thighs were numb but she didn’t have the heart to move and disturb Jennie’s sleep. His hair fell over his forehead and she thought he looked like a vulnerable child while he was sleeping. She couldn’t stop her hand from brushing his hair behind his ear. Suddenly she felt Mino and Hanbin’s eyes were staring strangely at her and she realised the car had stopped for a long time.

“Are we here?” Jennie asked. “Why didn’t anyone wake me?” Jennie felt refreshed after a nap.

“It’s ok to let them wait,” Hanbin said.

Hanbin and Mino knew their boss hated the Tao Nan gang inside.

Lisa wasn’t satisfied about how slowly Jennie adjusted his clothes. So she helped him button his shirt and felt three pairs of eyes stare at her strangely.

“He was adjusting his clothes too slowly,” Lisa said. “I wanted to help him so I can go home earlier.”

Mr Chen opened the door. Jennie wrapped an arm around Lisa and they walked into the Tao Cang hotel. That day Tao Cang was booked exclusively and it added danger to the hotel’s atmosphere.