chapter 3

Lisa and Rosè rushed to Leo’s school.

“Unnie, where did Leo disappear to?” Lisa asked in a panicked tone.

“Little sister, don’t cry,” Rosè said. “Leo is genius boy. He knows his way home.”

Lisa was happy to hear a familiar ring tone. It was the ring tone Leo saved on Lisa’s phone.

“Leo?” Lisa asked.

“Mom!” Leo said. “I’m home.”

Leo heard the phone disconnect and ten minutes later his mom was hugging him. From the school to their home was at least thirty minutes. He knew his mom must have sped home.

“Mom why are you crying?” Leo asked.

“No I’m not crying,” Lisa denied.

Lisa didn’t want to look like a cry baby in front of her son.

“Mom I knew you forgot to pick me up so I went home on my own,” Leo said.

“I promise I won’t forget to pick you up from school again,” Lisa said.

Leo heard his mom promised him she wouldn’t forget too many times. He didn’t know when his mom would let him go, his tolerance was waning.

Lisa wiped her eyes and glanced at Leo’s laptop on the table. “Leo, you made a coding error,” Lisa said.

“Really?” Leo asked.

Lisa was happy Leo was home and safe. She let go of him and walked into her lab.

Leo knew his mother was still smarter than him so he carefully checked for the coding error.

No one noticed Rosè was vomiting outside. She was in the death seat while Lisa sped like a maniac home.

A month later

Apart from eating Lisa was cooped inside her lab. Her recent research took longer than usual. It wasn’t Leo who disturbed her but the MF Felix. Felix kept calling her phone. But she couldn’t turn off her phone in case something happened to Leo.

“Mr Felix what do you want?” Lisa asked politely.

“I want to eat dinner with you,” Felix said.

“If I agree will you stop calling me?” Lisa asked.

“Perhaps,” Felix asked.

“Ok what time and where?” Lisa asked.

Lisa hung up the phone and changed into a T-shirt and jeans.

“Baby Leo tonight eat at aunty pretty’s house oke!, I need to meet someone.” Lisa said.

“Is it that uncle?” Leo asked. “Does he want to be my dad?”

“Of course not,” Lisa said.

“Lisa, next time if he calls and proposes to you while you’re experimenting I hope you'll be alert and careful,” Leo said.

“Of course,” Lisa said.

Leo waited for his mom to leave. Then he called the teacher.

“Hello teacher, mom isn’t home,” Leo said. “You can ask a driver to pick me up.”

A while later Lisa arrived at the exclusive Lan Jin restaurant. A guard stopped Lisa from entering Lan Jin.

“Miss I need to see you ID,” the guard said.