-6-

Chapter 6:

Hinatid ako ni Manong Ver sa ospital at nadatnan ko sa ER na may kasigawan si Kiro. Ano na naman ba ‘to?

Nagtime-in muna ako bago ko tiningnan ang kaguluhan sa ER.

“Bakit siya sumisigaw?” Tanong ko sa guard. Ayoko namang pumasok na lang ng bigla-bigla. Baka ako pa ang pagbuntinan ng galit niyan.

The guard just looked at me. “May lalaki po kasing pumunta ditong may kasamang babae.” He replied. I noticed that he was even hesitant to look at me.

I looked at the people in OPD and they were all looking scared. I shook my head and shut my eyes. Paanong hindi sila matatakot kay Kiro kung ganito naman lagi ang nakikita nila sa kanya?

I walked inside the ER and shocked at who was there. It was Kevin with Helena Chan. And Kiro was so mad at this sight. So, this is why he is so mad.

“What the hell, dude?” Kevin shouted back at Kiro. “Bakit ikaw pa ‘yung galit?”

I looked at Helena and she’s looking down. Malamang mahihiya siya dahil siya ang dahilan kung bakit nag-aaway sina Kevin at Kiro. And these two never gets into a fight with each other. They are the best buddies, have I told you that?

Kiro’s eyes are flaming with anger as he looked at Kevin and Helena.

“Why are you here, anyway?” I asked Helena. Alam kong hindi rin ako maayos magtanong pero what the hell? If she’s with Kevin, then the Facebook status was right. I was right all along.

Helena didn’t meet my eyes. She was still looking down.

I looked at Kevin who was looking so pissed at Kiro. “What’s happening, exactly?” I asked him. I, too, am starting to get mad.

Kevin rolled his eyes. “Helena’s pregnant.” He spoke.

Kiro just shook his head and rolled his eyes at his friend.

I, on the other hand, was shocked at what I just heard. “Come again?” I asked. I was still in disbelief.

“Don’t make him repeat what he just said, Danielle.” Kiro told me. “What really has gotten into that brain of yours, dude?” He asked Kevin.

Kevin messed his hair. “I don’t know, alright? Wala akong alam dito!” He denied.

“So you’re not the father?” I asked him.

He couldn’t look at me. Come on, Kevin. You’re better than this. I looked at Kiro who’s shooting daggers at Kevin’s side.

“Alam ba ni Angela ito?” I asked him.

He shook his head. “Please, I don’t want Ela to know about this. She’s going to be very devastated.” He told me.

“Well, it’s because of your stupidity, asshole.” Kahit kailan talaga, walang preno itong bunganga ni Kiro. Wala siyang pakialam sa masasaktan basta masabi lang niya ‘yung gusto niya, e!

“I know! I know I’m stupid and I’m an ass! You don’t have to put salt and vinegar to my open wound!” Kevin was frustrated. “I am so sure na hindi ako ang ama ng batang iyan!” He pointed at Helena. “Tell me, who is the father?” He asked with his voice rising.

Helena looked down. “I didn’t do it with someone else.” She replied.

Kevin scoffed. “I didn’t, too. I have never done it with you. You know that!” I know he was about to speak another curse after his last sentence but he stopped himself. “I would never do it with you.”