Chapter 4

"And you thought you could get away with it.. huh?"

This time, it was much more painful. Excruciating in fact. Right in the center of my chest, was pouring out black blood. Everyone expected me to practically be immortal, and that's where assumption had my hopes up too high. I turned my head to look at the individual, and he wasn't dressed the same as the others. He had a dark brown robe on, with loose pants and black boots. He looked like he should be relaxing at his home.. wherever it was. He repeated, this time threateningly,

"You thought you could kill all my soldiers and get away with it? Really?"

He was holding back a laugh.

"You hybrids may be mistakes, but you're amusing alright.."

I whispered to myself,

"You're the one that decided to start killing us for no reason... you're the mistake."

"Excuse me, what?"

Oh bint- he heard that?

I forced myself to look confused, to hide the fact I said something and the fact I felt like dying right then and there.

"Well, any good-mannered hybrid and human alike would have told their name. Hello there, my name is Lewis J. Trone. What is yours, hybrid?"

All I could muster out was,

"B-Blaze-"

"Ah. Well, Blaze, I'll be taking back that spear if you don't mind-"

He then started pulling the spear out the way it came, and I felt the edges of the spike rub up against my rib cage. He was removing it as slow as a snail, and I wanted to screech as loud as I could. Maybe I could've burst his eardrums, but it hurt way too much to even breathe. I finally just collapsed backward, laying on my back.

Come on, come on, come on, heal!!

I was begging my body to heal the stab wound like it had before, but I don't think there was enough energy in me to do that. My body always healed very quickly to cuts and such, and that was because of my blood. It always hardened very quickly, so scabs and the time for cuts to stop bleeding is very quick.

I finally started coughing up my own blood on the ground, and I was so lightheaded that I thought I was seeing double. The spear was still in my chest, and there was too much pain to fight back. I knew I was just about to die. Lew then stated,

"Might as well say goodbye. But wait, they won't miss you... They'll all be joining you shortly."

He put a hand on the spear, which I felt. I then tried to retort the best I could, and said,

"More like.. I'll see you later. I'll come back one day."

Apparently he had enough of me being alive, and ripped the spear out of my chest. I took a ragged breath in, and that hurt even more then the spear itself. It felt as if a million bees all stung my insides at the same time, then someone cut them up and threw them into lava. I then blinked, but when I opened them again.. it happened.

I saw nothing but black. I wasn't breathing, I didn't and couldn't hear anything. I went to put my hands together, and intertwined my fingers. I couldn't feel anything either. Then, for whatever reason, the world faded back into view. I was.. hovering over my body. I turned around, and I saw Lewis Trone standing in front of all of the hybrids. He then pointed something metallic out at all of them. It then started glowing a purple-blue hue.

A bright, vibrant light then beamed from the artifact, and I flew over to get a glimpse of what the artifact looked like.

Didn't we bury that in the woods??

The artifact that we threw in the Silevlian forest, which we buried specifically for this reason, was back. Before I could watch anymore, something bumped into me. I must've been in a trance because when I was bumped, the world came back to me. All the hybrids were panicking, running, or.. oh my Goldwrilic. Having their soul being ripped out of their body. I immediately looked for where Mango, Kiwi, Zvit, Keiko, Cinder, and Louis could be.. and that's when I looked to my right.

"W-what..? You- you can't be dead, Louis. No. You just can't be.."

I was holding back a river of emotions, physically and mentally.

"Look, Blaze. What's done is done. We can't change it."

"Yeah but I could've killed them!! We could still be alive.."

"Blaze, you couldn't do anything. None of us could do anything."

"I practically let everyone die.. along with killing my own cousin for no reason in the process.."

"Blaze-"

"NO! IT'S ALL MY FAULT. YOU CAN'T CHANGE MY MIND!!"

I then gained the ability to hear outside the spiritual world. It was chaotic, loud, and most of all, heartbreaking.

I could've saved them all. I should've done more.

I heard running from all directions. Hybrids that ran were skewered by spears. Hybrids that stayed had their spirits ripped out of their own bodies. Only a few escaped, and that included Mango and Kiwi.
———————
I wanna write more but I wanna save a lot for upcoming chapters-
885 words