Chapter 3

I just stared at the four murdered humans at my feet, when one of my tentacles darted in front of me. I looked to where it went, and a fifth human who had been charging at me with a spear had been stabbed. I have no idea what happened to me after that, but I couldn't stop thinking of everything my parents have worked so hard for. They worked so hard to engrave good morals into my mind for fourteen years straight, yet they were flipped just like that. I threw the corpse off my tentacle and started running forward as I had a straight, clear path. I weaved through the humans that were left, and reached the Grand Survivor. I used my tentacles as a boost to jump onto the trunk of it, and when I did this, black covered my hands and forearms. I put my hand out onto the tree, and that is when I realized my hand was stuck onto it. I wasn't falling. I was hanging off the side, almost like a spider.

The humans just stared at me, who was still hanging there. I then let one hand off to look around, and I decided to jump off. I started flapping my brand new wings, and I was flying for the first time. My acrophobia was about to get the better of me when I seemed to blackout. I didn't remember anything else.
__________________________________________________________________
I had been tied up by humans, just waiting for my death. It's not like I had any special powers. I was tied up in a group with Louis, Mango, and another girl I didn't know the name of. She was a light blue on one side of her body, and a dark, dull blue on the other. She had a demon and angel wing on either side, a light yellow eye, a black and red eye, and demon horns similars to Blaze's. Speaking of Blaze, I didn't see him tied up. That was until the humans parted. I saw the fire-orange, demon-hanger hybrid tied up with rope, sitting in the middle of the hybrid-made clearing. Mrs. Everlone screamed his name, but was immediately hushed like everyone else. I heard Louis whisper,

"Wait.. isn't that Blaze?"

Mango then answered,

"I think that is! Do you think so, Kiwi?"

I answered,

"Of course it is!! How do you not see that? We've been friends with him ever since he came into the learning group. Heck, we're some of his only friends.."

"His only real friends.."

I shot Mango a look, and she spat out,

"I'm just saying the truth.. Cozmo is just a big-"

She stopped what she was saying when she realized.

"Right.. sorry.. I forgot.."

"Sure- you just hate him.. you always have ever since me and him were a couple.."

"Not true!! And since when were you two a couple?"

"Ever since two months ago you crindni.. I told you. Also ever since my parents rejected the idea.."

"Could we stop talking about Kiwi and Cozmo for a sec and concern the fact that Mrs. and Mr. Everlone are being forced against the Grand Survivor right now?!"

The three girls there, including the light and dark blue one all whipped their heads around to see what Louis was talking about. When we did, Blaze was being forced to watch his parents getting beaten. I couldn't even watch it, and neither could Mango. About thirty seconds later, a scream that sounded like Blaze's ripped through the air. I gave a concerned look to Mango, as we were facing eachother, and she did the same. We then a heard a screech, and that's when Louis dragged us up from the ground using his navy blue tail. I then understood why.

Blaze was standing above four, human corpses. He had four black tentacles, and wings just like his mother. He was just staring at what he did, which if I'm being honest, would be my reaction. One of his tentacles then cut through another human, who was about to stab him with a spear. He threw the corpse off, ran, and stuck onto the side of the grand survivor. He then jumped off the side and started flying. His eyes were only releasing black sludge before, but now his eyes themselves were black. No pupil or anything. He started killing every human he could find, which was a bit terrifying. After he killed about seven more, his eyes reverted back to the normal light yellow and black ovals. I screamed at the top of my lungs,

"BLAZE!! ARE YOU OKAY?!"

I then thought of something that makes me look really stupid.

Why don't I just stand up- it's a simple solution..

I then stood up with help from the new girl's shadow hand. It must be an ability of hers, and that's when I asked for her name.

"Oh! My name is Nephalimus. What's yours?"

"Uh.. I'm Kiwi, a dhampir-taker, the pink to orange, coral, ocean hybrid is Mango, and the green and blue hybrid with horns in Louis. And that's our friend over there, Blaze."

"I see.. well, you might want to watch what's going on.."

Mango asked, a bit louder than she should've,

"Why do you say that?"

"Let's just say it'll affect the future.. in a major way.."

"What?"

"You're all going to die.."

Before Mango could continue, any of us for that matter, Nephalimus dissappeared into thin air. Louis then said,

"You heard her well enough.."
___________________________________________________________________________

After I, assume, passed out, I was standing on the dusty ground. I was surrounded by corpses, one of which, I recognized. I immediately ran over to the body, and he was actually breathing. I went past the line. I knew they were traveling, and they had to be in this specific group. Of course. It's just my luck. Of course I had to go after my own cousin. Shock was just laying on the ground, barely breathing.

They never wanted to hurt hybrids, as they were family after all. They were probably suckered into joining this group.

How did I let this happen..

I fell to my knees, not knowing what to do in the moment. I started crying uncontrollably once again, and that's when it finally happened. I heard gasps all through the crowd of hybrids, who were still watching the show. The gasps weren't as loud as the thumping of my heart in my chest, which I could hear very clearly now. It only pumped about two times, at least from what I heard. It felt like everything was in slow motion. I finally snapped out of it and was met with a fatal pain in my chest. I looked down the best I could, and I had suffered the same fate as my parents. Stabbed right through the chest with a spear. I heard the word,

"Gotcha.."

It was as if the human caught a fish. I just wanted to end myself right then and there. I used the only energy I had left, and pulled the spear through my body. I was now armed. The same feeling from before came over me, and I couldn't help myself. I whipped my body around as fast as I could, and stabbed the human with her own weapon. I then gained much more energy, followed by a feeling in my chest. I glanced down, and the wound was nowhere to be found. It was just a black, sticky spot. I then witnessed it turn into a second, gruesome, chest mouth. I was then stabbed again from behind, and I assumed I'd be safe.  I guess my father's word were right..

"Assumption is the mother of all mess-ups.."