Prologue

"Hi! I'm Blaze Angler Everlone. Allow me to give you a bit of an introduction to my life, my situation, and then we can get into my story.

So what you, the reader, understand so far is that I am most likely a mere child.. and you're right. I am 14 years of age, born on May 29th, exactly on the year 1200. You may think I'm all tough like the other boys, but you would be wrong. I'm the weird kid apparently.. and I constantly get made fun of because I'm not like the rest. I'm considered 'Weird' because of what I like, and also because of my mixture. Oh, right.. you probably don't know what I'm talking about because you're probably a human. Well, a mixture is basically what you are a mix of. I'm a demon-hanger hybrid, which is pretty rare. My mother is a demon, and my father is a hanger. Since we are on the topic of parents, I might as well give you some information about them too! My father, Boroan, is a trained Soldier for the military, so he has been teaching me how to use knifes, bows, spears, etc. And my mother, Victoria, she's just the person that takes care of me and makes me laugh. I don't know what I would be like now if it wasn't for them. We're a really close family, and we are always there for eachother. I think I would literally break if something happened to them. I've always had a great childhood, nothing tragic has ever really happened apart from a couple family losses.

Now that I've talked about my parents, I might as well talk about my two closest friends, Vercon and Cozmo. Again, we are really close friends, and we are always there for eachother. Starting out with Cozmo, he is one of the kids that can go from being really nice to one person, but as soon as he is with his 'cool group' he can just flip on you. I still consider him a friend though, as we still hang out. Most of the time I just tag along with him when he is with his friends. Vercon on the other hand is the quiet type. He isn't much of a chatty person, but he's nice to be around. He's the type that you get a time out of.

Now, about me. I don't consider myself a very brave person, but I will step up when I have to. I can't really think of very good come backs when people make fun of me, so most of the time when people call me weird I just say back, 'Thank you for noticing!' And just carry on. Ever since I joined this learning group, I've been considered the weird kid. I've never been sure why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm part demon, that I believe in ghosts, like learning how to use weapons, and get scared easily. A lot of the kids in my group are part angel as well, and demons don't have the best reputation, so it would make sense. Maybe another thing is because they all knew each other for about 4 years before I joined. I want to fit in and get to know them all, and I just feel like my puzzle piece doesn't fit in with the puzzle.

Anyway, back to the present. Our whole population of hybrids is in this one specific area. It's an essential habitat here, so we can't live anywhere else. That right there is our disadvantage. This means we're easy to attack and destroy. This is exactly what is going on. Humans and Hybrids are at war right now. My father is out fighting for our lives daily, and we agreed that he come back every night to our hideout. We needed to leave our original home as that area is infested with humans.

Personally, I have mixed feelings with fighting against the humans, as I have cousins who are human. Now that I think about it, that might have something to do with why I'm considered weird. Every other hybrid family has never had contact with humans, and here our family is being related. You're probably wondering, how is that possible?? Well, you see, my father has- or had two other siblings. One of which, is a human, and the other was half and half. This obviously meant that my uncle had human children.

Now that I've told you a bit about myself, let's just skip to the present

Now that I've told you a bit about myself, let's just skip to the present. Shall we?"