Chapter 7

Kristine's POV

"Thank you Mrs. WiId, I will be looking forward to work with you." I said to the principal.

"No need to thank me Miss Williams, you are extremely talented, passionate and a deserving person for this job. Congratulations." She extended her hand for a shake.

"So, I guess I will see you tomorrow then. Have a good day." I smiled politely at the old lady and took her hand for a shake.

"Sure, you too dear." She took her seat and I took my leave.

After the grad party. I thought that I needed some distraction from my messed up life. Not to mention, I can not be a burden on my father anymore. it's not like he can't afford me or anything but It's just that it's about time I should be independent.

So what can be better than indulging myself in my dream job.

So I thought the first step should be
to apply for a job. In a school.

Finally!

So I applied yesterday at a school not to far from our home. And impressively, I got a call today. The principal was so impressed by my passion about teaching And it went very well.

I can't wait till I tell dad. He will be ecstatic.

It's been three days since our graduation day. A lot has changed already like me getting a job, Max and me getting together and Sam coming back to town.

I haven't seen Max in these three days and I am thankful for the space which is given to me because I really needed this time to collect my thoughts to prepare my myself for the unexpected.

But I must say, I miss Max.

We were almost together all this time. Driving together to the uni, spending time together in each other's home, attending parties together and being there for each other like always.

I sat at my beat up Nissan which my father gifted me on my 18th birthday. I don't use my car that much cause well, Max always love to take me with him in his infamous truck. And I am always happy to oblige.

When I reached home. I took out the key hidden under the mat. And unlocked the lock. When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Max sitting on a couch watching some news channel on tv.

He must've heard the front door open cause his eyes landed on me.

My heart started thumping wildly in my chest.

When he saw me he stood up, came to me, wrapped me in a bear hug and spanned me around while I was giggling like a 5 year old.

"Put me -- I said through the fits of giggles -- down." I said, still giggling.

He put me down and put his forehead against mine. And looked me in the eye with happiness shining in his eyes.

I couldn't help contain my happiness as my mouth broke into a smile.

I really did miss him. Eh?

After starting at each other. He broke the silence.

"I got accepted Kristy." He breathed out.

"Accepted in what?"

"Remember days before I told you about a company I wanted to work with."

I remember him telling me about working with a company which hire architecture students to tech them practical work and help them gain experience. And they pay them very well too.

"Yeah." I smiled as I thought where this was going.

"I got accepted." He smiled at me with his 100 mega watt smile.