Chapter 1

Chapter One

4 Years before

22 June.

Max's POV

Best friends, that's what we are. Me, Sam and Kristy are best friends since I moved here ten years ago. And you know what attracted me to say hello to them? Kristy, yes young Kristy with her brown wide eyes, brown hair, and a cute little button nose with a heart shaped face. Even back then she was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. And she was friends with this brown haired boy with pale blue eyes. And since then we are best of friends.

Me and Sam were seated at our usual bench at a park near by our houses. I cannot tell what he is thinking but one thing is for sure that whatever he is thinking about is bothering him.

"What's bothering you?" I asked, concerned. He looks at me with hesitation in his pale blue eyes and then he sighed and looked away. I can tell that something is wrong. And that something is big. I barely see him like this.

"I got accepted in NY University." He said.

I smiled and patted him on his back. I was happy that finally he got where he wanted to be for so long.

"That's great man, congratulations! But I still don't get it why are you so bothered? You should be happy. NY University has always been your dream and finally it's going to come true." I asked confused.

"I am happy trust me but that will mean that I have to cut all ties with Kristine and you know how I feel about her. She is my best friend and I like her a lot. We have been dating for 2 years now. And I also don't want to ask her to wait for me because that will be so selfish. I know first she will go all happy on me but then she will be devastated." Sam said, sadly.

Oh shit! Kristine.

"Sam I am sure she will understand. After all, we are talking about your career here." I tried to convince him. Sure Kristine would be devastated but I will look after her. It will take time but eventually everything would be normal again. At least I hope so.

"Max, if I ask you something will you do that for me?" Sam pleaded me with his eyes.

"Sure Sam. Anything for my best friend. But don't ask me to take a bullet for you." I tried to enlighten the mood but it was no use.

"Nah, nothing like that. I am leaving in two days from now. And I will write Kristy a letter; will you give it to her when I am gone? Because I can't muster the power to tell her in person. Neither can I see that heartbroken expression on her face. Shit, it will haunt me every day while I am gone." Sam asked, looking hurt.

"Man are you sure you don't want to tell her this in person. She may not forgive yo-"I was cut off by Sam.

"I know she may not forgive me but I can't tell her this in person. Will you do it or not?" Sam snapped.

I nodded. I first thought Sam will confess to Kristy that he is going to NYU and also I know that the situation for both of them would be tough but eventually they will get over it. But I don't know, now that he is leaving without clearing this situation for both of them I don't think I am going to like the outcome of it.

I was having mixed feelings. Happy. Sad. And hopeful. Happy because Sam was finally going to live his dream. Sad because this was going to have a huge affect on Kristy and not a good one either. And well hopeful because maybe I was going to have a chance too.

Sam's POV

Fuck! Am I doing the right thing? I don't know what to do. I know most guys would never give a second thought to their boyfriend girlfriend relationship when their career is in line but me and Kristy are more than that and our relationship is nothing like most people normally have. She is my best friend and well to top that I think I might be in love with her. Scratch that, I am in love with her. And what a fucking game the fate is playing with me, I realize this now when I am going to leave her. But I am planning to tell her when I will be back. And to be honest I have my own selfish reasons for not telling her this in person. First, I don't want to breakup with her because I don't want her to be with someone else other than me. Second, I seriously don't have it in me to see the fake smile plastered on her face when she tells me that she is happy for me, I know she will truly be happy for me and my career but that smile is to hide the hurt that she will feel when I will not be here. With her.

So, maybe this is for good at least I believe when I will be gone my best friend Max will take care of her. And he will warn the guys for me to not mess with my girl even while I am gone. I know I can count on him. I know when I will be back she will take me back. I know she will.

Kristine's POV

"Dad how does a person know that he or she is in love?" I asked Dad.

We were currently having a dinner and suddenly he choked on his food when he realized what my question was. I hurriedly offered him some water and he drank it.

"You know that you are too young to-" I cut him off.

"I know I know I am too young to be in love. Blah blah blah. A girl can ask. I am just curious that's all" I tried to convince him and by the looks of it I think he bought it.

"Umm, okay. Well for starters, I know it sounds cheesy but when you feel your heart speeds up just by hearing their name or just by looking at them. And when you go a little overboard just to look after them or to protect them. When you want to spend as much time as possible with them. When they smile just by thinking of you. When you wish you and that person are the only one in this world. When you think of marrying them someday and have babi-"I cut him off.

"Okay that's a lot of information dad. Thanks. And you'll do the dishes this time. Goodnight." I kissed him on his cheek and hurriedly dashed out to my room. I heard him saying it's not fair. Haha. I love my dad to pieces. My mom died while giving me birth and my dad was left with only me. He was everything I had but then came Sam in the picture and shortly after that came Max.

So I was right. Thanks dad!

OMG! I. AM. IN. lOVE. I can't believe this. When I was little I always used to picture "The one" for me. But now that I see the picture of three of us I realize that he was with me all long, right there and I never knew. Until now. What should I do? Should I call him? Should I write him a letter or something? Nah, that's so old fashion and calling him, would be inappropriate either. I am so nervous. He is my Best friend for crying out loud I can tell him anyway I want.

But what if he does not feel the same way? Or what if he feels like I am pressuring him into something for he is not ready yet. But we are dating and that means he likes me enough to date me and maybe he feels the same way but is too afraid to tell me. I don't know but I am soon going to find out. Either way it's going to be worth it.

Umm, when should I tell him? Tomorrow he has soccer practice so I guess not tomorrow. But day after that is our weekend. So it's decided. Two days from now I will ask him to meet me at our park where we first met and then I will confess that I am in love with him. Yes! Sounds like a plan 24th June is going to be the life changing day for both of us.

A/N: Hello wattpad readers! If you are reading my book and you think that I have an ability to write further so please don't hesitate to comment and vote. I really do need your support guys. Thanks.

Happy reading!