Forty nine

Agnes' POV

It's 6 pm and I just finished studying in the school's library. Pat had to go home early so hindi kami sabay umuwi ngayon. The school is closed, the rooms where already cleaned and wala ng students sa campus. Medyo dumidilim na rin kaya nag decide na ako na lumabas ng school. Na sa hallway ako nung tumawag si Pat sa akin

/Hello?
/Agnes? Na sa school ka pa?
/Yup, pero I'm about to go home na. Why?
/Nothing, I'm just checking up on you.
/Ikaw? Did you eat na ba?
/Not yet eh, I think we'll eat after Dad's meeting
/Okay okay. Don't forget to drink water ha?
/Opo boss Reoma. Don't forget to text me when you get home
/I will. Sige na palabas na ako ng school, I'll message you later

After our call biglang may sumulpot sa harapan ko

"Why the hell are you sneaking up on me like that" jusko aatakihin ata ako sa puso sa gulat
"Ay nagulat ba kita?" Natawa naman si Sandra "I was waiting kasi for you to hang up the phone bago ako lumabas" dagdag nya.
"Si Pat ba yung kausap mo?"

"Yup" we were now walking side by side palabas ng campus "bakit andito ka pa?" tanong ko
"I'm waiting for Dad to finish his paper works than I saw you palabas ng library so pinuntahan kita"
"Ahhh okay okay" there was a moment of silence between us.

"Agnes, can we talk?"
"Sure, ano yun?"
"You know naman na I like you diba?" Nagulat ako kasi ang straightforward nya. Pero yes, alam kong she likes me so I nodded

"I've never wanted anyone or anything in my life since I met you. I work my ass off everyday in school, in my house and sa pagiging captain ng cheerleading squad ng school and lucky me, it always pays off in the end." Hindi ko alam kung saan papunta tong conversation na to pero parang ibang Sandra yung kausap ko.

"But it's different when it comes to you." We stopped walking and I looked at her. "Masakit na ako yung nauna pero kay Pat ka pa rin nagkagusto. Ewan ko kung nahalata mo pero hindi ako aggressive when it comes to you before, I just support your band kasi I know that what makes you happy. Pero dumating si Pat eh, nakahanap ako ng katapat and tama nga kutob ko" napayuko sya and napailing.

"This is me saying na I'll never stop pursuing you. I've known you, Agnes. I know what you like and how you think of life. In my perspective, mahihirapan ka sa relationship nyo ni Pat. I know you're taking things slow with her but I know everything will be harder for you, for the both of you, and even to the band itself more than you expect."

I'm speechless. I don't even know what to say or to react.

"Pero sino ba naman ako para pigilan ka diba? The heart want what it wants and it is the same for me, I could never stop liking you. I'm just warning you kasi ayoko masaktan ka. Is she really worth the pain, Agnes?"

"Yes. Every bit of it. With no doubt." I answered sternly. She nodded and smiled.

"I'm never going away, I hope you know that you're also worth the pain."

Hindi na ako nakasagot kasi she walked away already.