Ch. 04: interesting dinner

Present

Ari stands in her personal garden a little over from the house they all stay in. She looks over to her left and sees Thena under the tree drawing. Yesterday a deviant came by and with Gilgamesh's and some of Ari's help it was dead. But it seemed to trigger Thena. It felt like they were back at square one.

Over the years Gil and Ariadne learned what helped bring Thena out of her 'attacks' as Ari called them. It made them sound simpler, not as dangerous as it truly is. Ari understood that sometimes Thena needed a companion either Gilgamesh or Ariadne or sometimes she needed to be alone, like now.

Ari was getting the vegetables ready for dinner. She grew them Gil cooked them and at the end of the day they all laughed and ate and drank. Except Thena, but they didn't tell her that. Non-alcoholic, for kids.

Ari turns around to head back to the house when she notices some people talking to Gilgamesh. Sersi, Ikaris, Sprite, Kingo and another man she didn't recognize. She hurled the basket filled with vegetables and walked back towards the house wondering why they stopped by.

When she got there she noticed the spilt pie on the ground and the broken pan in Gil's hands.

"Aw, I spent all day picking berries for that pie," she complains and everyone turns around and Sprite runs up to Ari and hugs her.

"And here we have our other eternal fellow, Ariadne. Ari tells them what you can do." Kingo says while the man points a camera at her.

"Um, who are you?" She ignores Kingo's question and asks one of her own.

"I am Karun, Kingo's valet." The man laughs and introduces himself.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ari." She smiles at the man hugging Sersi and saying hello.

"Now Ari can control the elements, can't you?" Kingo continues interviewing her.

"Uh, yeah that I can. Why?" She tries to get an answer out of Kingo.

"Now her other superpower is very special. Something no one else has." Ariadne grows confused not knowing what he's talking about but from the teasing smirk on his lips she knows it's not good. "Yes, she is the true love of our other eternal Druig. She has the power to say whatever she wants to him and he only smiles at her."

"Kingo-" Ari was ready to lash out but Ikaris stops her by saying, "Ajak's dead." She freezes and slowly turns to look at him. "What?" She whispers.

"Ajak was killed by a deviant." Sersi informs her. Everyone begins to notice the cloudy skies that came out of nowhere and begin soaking the land. Ari sits down while they all go find Thena. After a couple minutes the rain stops and the skies clear again, but Ari still cries over the loss of her dear friend. The friend she saw as a mother.

~~~

They all sat around the dinner table with chatter filling the air. It sounds so different compared to the usually quiet atmosphere with just Thena, Ari, and Gil with the rare occasion of Druig.

Ari sits beside Sprite at the end of the table. She notices Thena eating her food while staring creepily at Karun.

"Should she be drinking?" Kingo quietly asks Gilgamesh who stands behind his chair.

"No, hers is non alcoholic. For kids." Gilgamesh not so quietly tells him and then adds, "I gave you the same thing Sprite." Making himself and Kingo laugh. He moves over to the end of the table and explains the drink Sprite's drinking. However, none of them are listening, but laughing at him because Sprite used her illusion to change him into baby clothes. "Oh, I'm a big baby. Very mature, can you stop? Stop."