Ch. 01: The beginning

At the beginning there were 11, each chosen carefully for this mission, this task. Hand picked by the prime celestial Arisham himself. And there they sat in their ship The Domo, around a statue of their creator, Arisham.

Their leader, Ajak calls them saying, "it is time."

They all rise at the same time, all going to the wall behind them. Gold envelopes their bodies, replacing the rags they wore with medal suits all varying in colors. The one that Ariadne wore was black in color with purple lines spreading throughout the black suit.

She looked down at her hands, knowing the powers that come from them. Part of the suit covered part of her hand, letting the tips of her fingers be free.

"Why hello there beautiful," she looked up to find a man with dark hair and blue eyes looking at her. He had a similar suit to hers, but the purple was replaced with red. She snapped out her gazing when he continued talking, "I'm Druig."

"Ariadne," she briefly introduced herself.

"Ah, a beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he commented while looking at her with a small smile.

She gasps and runs toward a large window overlooking the planet they will be protecting, her attention quickly shifting to something else. She feels Druigs presence following her to the window, she doesn't mind, she did leave in the middle of their conversation. She looks out at the world with a small smile, while he looks at her with a similar smile on his face, filled with awe.

"It's beautiful," she comments, still looking at the world.

"It really is," he hums, but when she turns her head to look at him she finds him looking at her.

"Not me, the planet." She chuckles at him, turning his head so he can look at the planet she's so captivated by.

"Although that is breathtaking, I'd rather look at you." He says while turning to look at her again. Ariadne feels her face turning red and turns away from him, looking out at the group of people.

She goes over to them and introduces herself to them, them returning the pleasantries. She feels Druig's presence behind her the entire time, also introducing himself to the others, just not as nicely. He'll just state his name and shake their hand.

After they've all introduced themselves to everyone, Ajak tells some of them to get ready to fight the Deviants while the others stay on the ship. Druig and Ariadne being told to stay on the ship with her and some of the others. Those others include Sprite, Sersi, and Phastos.

While waiting for the fighting down below to finish Druig decides to take this time to once again be around Ariadne and joke with her. He can't seem to stay away, can't seem to keep his eyes off her. He's captivated by her beauty, not wanting to look away, even for a moment, in fear that she will disappear and he will realize she was just a dream.

They make jokes and laugh while Ajak watches them with a smile on her face. They became fast friends, and compliment each other quite nicely.

Soon however they are being lowered to the ground by platforms created by Phastos. When they land the little golden pieces separate and fly back to Phastos who stands next to Ajak. Soon all the eternals are standing there looking at the group of people who hold spears at them and some huddling their children to their chests to protect them from the Eternals.

Ariadne watches Druig as he raises his hand and his eyes glow gold. All of the humans eyes also grow gold and they all drop their weapons. Mind control Ariadne decides. Ajak looks and nods to Sersi and she walks forwards and picks up a dagger, covering it with gold and making it look fancier. The kid takes the dagger and looks at all of them.

~~~

Ariadne is looking out at the planet they will be calling home for some time. Sitting on a bench with Druig beside her, him reading her drawing.

They got a disturbance which can only mean more deviants, which is where they're headed now. Ariadne doesn't even know what she's drawing until she looks and low and behold she has been drawing Druig.

Not wanting him to see, she flips her sketchbook closed, drawing the attention of Druig.

"Now what do you have there I wonder," he mumbles into her ear. She freezes, being able to feel his breath on her neck. Druig, knowing this distracted her, takes the sketchbook.

"Druig give it back," Ariadne tries reaching for it, but he simply stands up, her following suit.

"Now what is it that you so badly want to hide?" He teases her with that smirk on his face. Ariadne tries reaching for it again, but he moves it above his head. The room is filled with her protests while Druig finds the page she was working on. When he does, he freezes, the smirk disappearing. He has never seen something so beautifully created, well except for Ariadne. When he looks at her, she's chewing her nails waiting for him to respond. To laugh, to rip it apart, call her creepy for drawing him, but that doesn't happen. "Ari," he breathes out, looking at her with awe.

Ariadne hesitantly responds, "yes?"

"I have never seen something so beautifully made," he breathes out looking in her eyes. "Well, that is beside you." With that comment Ariadne turns red and she looks towards the floor. "Can I keep it?"

After hearing that question her head snaps up and looks at Druig as if he's crazy. "Why would you want to keep it?"

"Well, it's a drawing of my love, I think I have at least some right to want to keep it." He answers her with a teasing smile. That's how it always is between them, teasing.

They've only known each other for about a month, and they are closest to each other than they are to anyone else. Sure they are friends with all the other eternals, think of them as family. But if you look for one, the other will always be nearby. Druig will follow Ari around The Domo almost all the time. She doesn't mind it, she likes it. Knowing he's right there if she needs anything.

And when Druig, on the off chance, isn't around she'll go looking for someone to ramble to. Ariadne does that quite often, ramble. Some love it more than others. Sersi will listen and ramble back, Makkari will listen diligently, putting in a few comments. Kingo wont pay attention or will direct the conversation back to him. Sprite will walk away, but sometimes will listen if it sounds interesting to her. Ajak will listen like a mother would. Gilgamesh will laugh silently listening closely to her. Thena will laugh aloud, but stay and listen for some of it until she gets bored. Phastos will let her ramble, not listening, but not ignoring her while he works on his inventions. Ikaris will walk away when he sees her coming near him. And then Druig, he will listen with that smile on his face, adoring her. He loves hearing her ramble and days after the conversation, he'll bring it back up so she knows he was listening and remembers. And of course so he can hear her voice as sweet as honey.

A/N:

Hey guys, welcome to the first chapter, woohoo!

Anyway, what do you guys think so far? I know it's only the first chapter, but still.

Any questions, comments, concerns, something you want me to do differently, add something? I'll do my best to make it happen.

Till we meet again,

-E.