6

Dinner was silent and awkward

      Dinner was silent and awkward. Occasionally someone would ask something and Grace would answer but, other than that, it was completely silent.

      "So I would like to talk to you girls about the rules." Adam said, at the head of the table. "I would also like to hear your thoughts on them." He continued. Grace and I nodded are head.

      "1. We are to be respected and you must be respectful.

      2. Whatever I say goes, so I expect you to do it.

      3. Verbal responses, so we know you heard us.

      4. You can only leave the house with one of us and we must know where you are at all times.

      5. Grades must be A's, though given your grades at your last school I'm sure you'll be fine.

      6. No skipping class or school and stay out of fights, though you're girls I doubt you will be fighting.

      7. No boyfriends or boys as friends at all.

     8. No drugs, smoking or drinking in this house or anywhere." He finishes, power dripping off every word.

      If your trying to be intimating, you failed. Miserably.

      "1. You have to earn our respect and there's no way in hell am I going to seat back being 'respectful' if I'm not being respected back.

      2. I'm fine with it, as long as it's something I will do willingly.

      3. I will speak if I see it necessary.

      4. I will leave the house when and with or without who I want. So if I don't want to take someone with me I don't have too. And once again if I see it necessary, I will tell you where I'm going.

      5. I'm perfectly fine with this but, if my or Graces grades are not A's then I will handle it.

      6. I'll do what I want and just because we're girls doesn't mean we don't now how to fight, so keep your shit good for nothing opinions to yourself. Oh, and we're women not girls.

      7. If Grace or I want a boyfriend or girlfriend, then we will and there's a difference between being friends with a boy then actually dating one.

8. I'm ok with it, though if I do it you will not be doing shit about it and leave me alone." I finish, looking straight into his eyes. Everyone but Grace was shocked that I even talked back.

      "I also have rules of my own." I say looking at each of them.

"1. Don't pry into our business. We'll tell you if we want.

2. Just because your are 'family' does not mean you have any power or entailed to anything about us.

3. I would like to live in peace for the time I am here, so leave me alone and we won't have a problem." I say giving them a sarcastic sweet smile.