TWENTY | A FILE

another day, more training.

yuta dodges the punch from johnny before landing one of his own, making his teammate gasp and back away. understandable, since he had just been on the receiving end of a steel-like fist. johnny had already taken several hits and he clearly looks ready to call for a break, but he keeps pushing on. he gives yuta a smile though he was quick to clutch onto the side of his stomach, which is where he had been struck.

"good job," johnny gives him a thumbs up before raising up both of his fists, ready to fight again.

"take a break," ten says from where he sat against the one of the many mirrors. "yuta beat you good already, john."

"i — well," johnny clutches the side of his stomach again with the same hand as before. "i guess you're right, phon."

"yep, i know i am," ten nods and pats the floor right beside for johnny to sit, which he does. "yuta, you can do whatever."

yuta nods and heads right for mark and donghyuck, who greet him with smiles. the thought keeps crossing his mind over and over again, but it feels so off without sicheng. usually, during a quick break time, they would be all over each other. yuta would see his smile and his heart would flutter in reaction. it felt so nice to hug him and laugh as they childishly play fight (yuta always ends up winning). gosh, he wishes sicheng was here right now.

he sits down beside mark, curiously leaning over to see what he was doing. before mark shields his laptop screen away from him, he caught of a glimpse of what it was — a map. of what, he couldn't tell. the first thing that came to his mind was: a new mission! well, he didn't think of it with any actual enthusiasm. going on another mission is the last thing he wants to do at the moment. especially after the last two resulted in everyone getting hurt one way or another. well, excluding ten, though he did have a new scar on the bridge of his nose.

sicheng had gotten knocked out and stabbed, johnny had gotten burned and a chest injury, yuta got stabbed himself after being knocked out. every next one brings more risks for everyone. no, he doesn't want a new mission. he doesn't want this job anymore.

mark was speaking to him but yuta had somehow tuned him out before suddenly getting to his feet and bursting out of the training room to go see sicheng.

"what's up with him?" mark questions with knitted eyebrows.

"i don't know, markie," donghyuck answers, sliding down onto the floor right beside him. mark takes this chance to rest his head on his shoulder again. "he probably just really wanted to see sicheng."

"yeah, i understand that, hyuck, but i was talking to him and he was acting like he didn't even hear me," mark retorts with a bemused frown. "he looked out of it. like, he was thinking of something else."

"well, i wouldn't know why," donghyuck replies softly. "sorry."

"it's fine, i guess," mark mumbles, adjusting his glasses. "whatever. it doesn't matter."

meanwhile, yuta had gone into the lab, walking right into the room that held sicheng. sicheng had barely touched his breakfast, leaving his toast aside. his eyes were closed, as if he was sleeping. yuta doesn't blame him at all in the slightest — he would do the same if he really couldn't do anything all day. it's the second time he has been confided to the lab and still, there's absolutely nothing fun to do.

"chengie," he calls quietly. it's loud enough to get the other to open his eyes and look in his direction. "anything new?"

"fresh bandages," sicheng mutters, sounding rather bored. "i mean, what else would've happened to me?"