1

❝Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family

❝Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.❞ –Anthony Brandt

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Bane

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Notice how the canvas of the twilight, adorned with the shrouds of bright, twinkling stars enveloped the sky. That's what the others said as nature's beauty.

The appearance of the moon shines softly ; its rays of moonlight spilled over the shadows of the two silhouettes.

They were sitting on the grass outside of their house while the moonlight bent and dances around the tip of the meadow. The cold caress of the wind brushes the charcoal locks of the mother and child.

The time they spend with each other–sightseeing how nature plays in a trance-like manner to the fascinating tales the woman shares to her child. A fairy tale that leads her child to crave the thirst of adventures and seek those places where it is hidden like a treasure waiting to be found.

" Tomoe, the pride of my life. Remember you are a Suzuhara. Become a wise person in the future and protect someone you care about at all cost."

The eight-year-old child shyly smiles at her mother. She had a tress of soot locks that reaches past her shoulders as she wore a cream dress.

She nodded eagerly.

"Hmph. I promise mother. So, watch me as I grow up strong and beautiful like you!"

Tsuki's warm brown eyes grow swamped with tears. Her shoulders shuddered while time passes by. Her forelimbs stretch to near her distance to hugged her tightly as if she'll never be able to keep her promise.

"Mommy, what's wrong are you in pain? "

"Tomoe, my child. Can you bring me a few camellias? The flowers are in my room. Please."

"If I bring you those flowers. Will mommy's pain go away? "

"Yes." Her hazel orbs closed tight in blues. One's frail fingers softly caressed Tomoe's flush cheeks.

She nodded at her mother's request. Pleased that she'll be able to make her stop crying. She runs steadfast to the house to get the camellias for her.

I love you. Tomoe.

She watches her daughter's figure from a distance. Tsuki truly wishes to see her child grow up. Alas, the wish on the star she prayed was utterly hopeless. She didn't have enough time. She is dying.

Yet Tsuki can't even tell the news of her health to Tomoe. Sometimes, she felt like a failure of a mother to her own daughter.

In an instant, her chest starts to ache. Her forehead turns wrinkled in pain. Tsuki had started coughing, she covers her mouth until her coughing subsides.