2. "Is your peculiarity a strong sense of sarcasm?"

Y/n was on her way to a the ferry by sunset. She decided to leave as soon as possible so she wouldn't think of her mother to much. Because she hadn't ever left her house before, she didn't know how to drive or where to find a ferry. She decided to ask someone.

"Excuse me, hi! My name is Y/n. Can you tell me where I can find a ferry?" She had asked some man walking down the street.

"Oh hello there, my name is Abe. The ferry is right off 45th street but it's a little far from here for you to be walking. You should take the bus."

She just looked at him, confused. Abe noticed this and says,

"You know what, how bout I go with you?" He offers you his hand

Even though her never left home, she mother would always warn she not to talk to strangers but he... he felt... different. Like she was meant to meet him.

"That would be lovely. Thank you, Abe." She takes his hand.

They walk quietly as he leads her to a bus stop. Lucky enough for them, the bus shows up almost immediately. Abe pays for both of their tickets, despite Y/n's protests. They find their seats just as the bus begins to take off. They sit in quiet for a second until Abe finally speaks,

"You remind me of a young girl I once knew. Special little thing she was. We haven't spoken in a very long time."

"I'm sure she was... lovely." Y/n says, not really having much people skills.

"She was. She was like a sister to me..." He trails off, thinking of the memories.

"So, where you headed?" He says after a few seconds.

"On my way to see a... Family friend. I'll be staying there a while." Y/n says, gesturing to her packed bags.

"Oh, uh..." The bus stopped, saving both of them from that awkward conversation.

Abe offers Y/n help with her bags as she stands up. She tries to refuse, again, but he insists.

After they got off the bus, they walked quietly to the ferry port. When they arrive at the port, Y/n paid for her ticket as Abe loaded her bags.

{A/n: I don't actually know how ferry's work. I live in the middle of the U.S👀}

Just as he was about to walk away, Y/n stopped him and said,

"Oh, wait here, thank you for your help." She help out a few bills.

"That's not necessary Ms. Just, when you get where you're going, tell them I said hi." Was all he said before he vanished into the crowd.

Y/n was confused but rub it off none the less. Sat at at the deck for about two hours, looking at the stars. After while she started feeling tired so she went inside and found somewhere to sleep.

She woke up at the sound of a horn, signaling that they have arrived at the island. She got up and went and found her bag.

Y/n didn't know how to get around her own neighborhood, let alone a whole new island. She was to scared to talk to anyone here so she just followed the other tourists.

She found herself at a pub. When she walked in every one looked at her suspiciously. This scared her, which activated her powers.

The wind started picking up, blowing away napkins, hats, and the occasional wig. This frightened the people and they reacted rather agresivly.

"Stop her!" "She's a witch!" "Get her!" They yelled.

Y/n ran out of the door as the people chased her. It was raining like crazy now and she could barely see where she was going. After a minute, she stopped to see if they were still following her but what she saw was probably even scarier. A huge wall of fire built up behind her.

"Ruby?!" She hears from behind her.

That was her mother's name! Y/n turns around to see a tall blonde girl, a red head about the same size, and... A hat?

{A/N:this Pt.1/2 of this chapter. I didn't want y'all to have to wait so long and I love suspense 😌
Also thank you guys for reading and thank you to s3cr3taCc for being my first vote🥰😘

Pt.2 up tomorrow!!!!