MEETING HIS PINK LANDS...

"Anuja, come on... After a hectic year at work, we deserve a year ending vacation..." Pranali, Anuja's colleague and her best friend, was convincing her for joining the team for a stay vacation.

"Nah... I'm all good here... As it is, I've been to Rajasthan a couple of times, so you all enjoy. Also I think I'll spend some time with my family for next few weeks. So, happy journey to you all..." Anuja said as she got up from her desk.

"Fine... But we will miss you..." Pranali said as she faked her cry.

"Listen, Ye magarmach ke ansu mere samne nahi tikenge... 7 saal se yaha managing director hu me, tumse jyada nakhre karne wale dekhe hai maine... So make sure not to fool me again..." Anuja said as Pranali laughed.

"Fine madam. Happy holidays. We all will join you again in three weeks..." Pranali said as she left her cabin.

Anuja sighed. She was born and brought up in Jaipur, the pink city of Rajasthan. A few years back, she eagerly awaited for this mid year break at the company so that she could visit her hometown. But now, everything had changed.

Anuja joined the MNG group of companies exactly 13 years ago. Even tho she had crossed her thirties, she still managed to mix up with her young staff. Pranali, her best friend, was actually one of her assistants. Many would be shock to hear, but Pranali was only 26 years old, whereas Anuja was almost 40. Still, their age difference never came in between their friendship.

Anuja was a complete workaholic person, as for her team. She never opened up about her private life, even to Pranali. All they knew was she was a married lady, who stayed in Mumbai for job and her family stays in Delhi. Nothing more. Even they didn't knew how her better half looked like, or what his name was. And no one, not even Pranali dared to ask her about it. Anuja, the usually sweet and considerate boss, turned into a nightmare for someone, when they spoke to her about her private life.

Anuja handed her team some files and wished them a safe journey before she left for her home.

Soon she found herself amidst the warmth of her home. She freshened up a little and sat in the drawing room as her sight fell upon an image and her mind drifted off to an incident, which occured almost 15 years ago....

--------------------------------------------------

"Anuja, come here na... Let's click an image here..." Vikas, Anuja's better half and her best friend since her school days, tapped on her shoulder.

"Ohh... Yes. I want to click a tons of images... This will be the most memorable day of my life..." Anuja said as she embraced Vikas.

It was the first time couple had been on a vacation by themselves. Anuja was still an intern and Vikas, a professor of botany faculty. Both of them had hectic schedules and barely made time to spend with each other. They tied their knot three months ago, and this was the first time they had some quality time for themselves.

They had travelled to their hometown, Jaipur. Away from busy life in Mumbai, they found peace in this pink city.

Anuja and Vikas had decided to spend their entire day out. They had informed their parents about it. And being a native from that city, they never felt insecure travelling through it. Roaming through the city, shopping random stuff, having fun dining at the local restaurants and walking down the memory lane, the day was going on perfectly for them.

"Come, let's visit the Nahargarh Fort. It will take only half hour for us to visit it on my bike..." Vikas said as Anuja smiled.

"You still remember I love to visit that place?"

"How can I forget it? It was the same palace where we first met on our school picnic, where we confessed our love... That place deserves to witness this couple's married life, too." Vikas said as Anuja sat behind him on the bike.