THE SECOND PLATE

She smiled. He smiled.

"I'm so sorry.... I'm not really in mood of finishing this plate...." She said, while wiping the corner of her mouth.

"Why? What happened dear?" He asked, with a hint of concern.

"Nothing, just regular issues... Nausea and tasteless... It's just that... I'm unable to finish this food." She said, with a hint of sadness in her tone.

"Not an issue dear... Mai hu na yaha, tumhari second plate... Give me your leftovers, I'll finish them." He said with a big smile, as he lifted her plate.

"But... You had prepared it with so much love for me, for US..." She said, while holding back the plate.

"It's ok... Your health is more important. If you don't feel like eating, I'll serve you something else later on... Go, wash your face. I'll finish this food till then." He said as he kissed her very pregnant belly and started eating from her plate.

She wiped the corner of eyes and blushed at his actions...

-------------------------

He smiled. She smiled.

"I'm really sorry... I just cannot finish this plate of food..." He said, while slowly wiping the corner of his mouth with his trembling hands.

"Why? What happened dear?" She asked with concern.

"Nothing, just regular issues... I'm not able to chew this, neither able to swallow it properly..." He said, with a sad tone in his voice.

"No issues my dear.... Mai hu na yaha, tumhari second plate... It's ok, I'll finish your plate. Give it to me." She said, as she reached for his plate with her wrinkled hands.

"But you had prepared it for me with so much love... It feels bad to not to eat it." He said while holding the plate back.

"Nothing is more important than your health for me, my dear. I know you're having a hard time to chew the food properly. Don't worry, I've prepared some soup too, you have it. Go, clean your mouth. I'll get you some soup from the kitchen." She said, as she gave him a big smile.

He rose from his seat and held his walking aid. She went to the kitchen and brought him some soup with her trembling and wrinkled hands. He gave her a soft kiss of her hands, as she blushed.

"You may be of eighty years old, but you still behave like being thirty. Grow up dear husband... We aren't lovers anymore." She said with a smile.

"I'll forever be your lover, mi amor." He said.

She smiled. He smiled.

-------------------------

The tables may have been turned in last fifty years, but their love never changed. From him being her second plate, to she being his, they changed a lot, but their love, never.