chapter 6

The next morning I awoke five minutes before my alarm went off, and I groaned because there was no point in going back to sleep, otherwise, I would definitely be late for class.

I slugged into my bathroom and got ready for the day. I texted Tariq after my shower asking if he wanted to walk to class with me. As I laid in bed last night, I thought about our new drug business on campus, and I think I found the solution for finding a connect.

When he replied, I grabbed my bag and headed to his dorm. I opened the door, knowing those idiots never lock doors.

I jokingly exclaimed, in my fake male voice, "Hands up it's the police!".

Both Brayden and Tariq stare at me, frightened and tense, but immediately relax as soon as they realize it's just me.

Tariq said, counting his money, "You play way too much."

Brayden sat up in bed as he played it off as if he wasn't about to pee in his pants. "Girl, I almost knocked you out," he said

"Boy stop lying. It was the look in both yall faces." I laughed before flopping down on the couch.

"Wait Tariq, whatever you did to keep Scott out of the party worked. By the end, I didn't have to do anything. It was crazy. The pledge master said that I'm the only freshman he fucks with. If we get more, dude, we'll be making a fucking killing. You think your new connect will have other pills?"

"Wait you found a connect already?" I questioned,

"Something like that I'm working on it, but see how much we got for now?" Tariq replies calmly, it wasn't too long before his expression changed.

"Fuck," Tariq mutters as he sucks his teeth. "I need a lot more money than this so I can help my mom."

"Say no more man. I'm fucking in."

"Don't worry Riq, we're gonna figure out something" I added,

Tariq nods his head pleased with both our answers and gets up to get his bag for class.

"Alright man, I'll see you later" Tariq walks up to Brayden, and they do their secret handshake.

"I got you man," Brayden responses

Tariq then looks at me, and motioned to the door, so we could leave. I give Brayden a quick goodbye before heading out to class.

"So, where were you last night?" Tariq asks out of the blue as we walked towards our class

"Huh?" I was caught off guard by his question

"Huh! Where were last night? I stop by your dorm and you weren't there." He continued to press me. He stopped walking waiting for me to answer.

"Oh yeah, I was with Dru and......... Cane" I tried to say the last part low so he couldn't hear me, but it wasn't low enough.

"With Dru and Cane? Why?"

Well since you and Brayden were gone, I thought I'd hit up Dru to hang out. Everything was fine until he asked me to drop him off somewhere. So I ended up following him, and I found out their family is part of a drug organization." I told him.

"Yeah, I figured their father is inside for drugs," brushes his hair with his hands. He wasn't getting where I was going with the conversation.

"Well, don't you still need a connect? We could reach out to Monet, and ask if she could supply us."

"Wait, you think she would work with us?"

"Shit it's worth a try, and from what I saw last night it looks like she going to need new people to work with."