chapter 2

I was finally finished with my room after putting the finishing touches on it. A neutral bohemian vibe was my goal, as well as a cozy, homey feel. With my phone in hand, I snap a picture of the room to send to my mother. I know she'll find something she doesn't like. Stepping back toward the door, I snap two really good pictures.

When the pictures were sent my mother instantly texted me back

"Looks hippy, and a lot going on especially at the desk."

I laughed rolling my eyes. I knew it.

"Do you like it, yes or no?"

Yeah, sort of. But pick up that bag off the ground, you know it's bad luck."

Oops. I reach over and pick up my bag and place it on my desk.

As I was about to hop into my bed to watch a movie, there was a loud knock on my door. Who the fuck could it be? When I opened the door, there was no one there. I put my head outside the door, and a loud "boo" noise made me yelp. It was Tariq's goofy ass.

I held my chest with one hand, "Damn nigga you almost gave me a heart attack" I moved out of the way, so he could come in.

"My fault Ry, you are just so easy to scare" he replied laughing, and I smack his arm.

He walks in and examines my room, "Wow, Ry this room is crazy."

"You like it?"

"Yeah, it's a cool chill vibe in here." He takes a seat at my desk.

"Thanks, Riq. So, what have you been up to today? You haven't texted me all day." As I take a seat on my bed.

"Oh shit, I've just been busy you know. With my mom firing Tameika and-

"Wait she fired Tameika? Tameika got her that terrific deal you were telling me about, why would she fire her?"

"That's the thing, she's protecting me Ry, they know it couldn't have been my mother who shot my father."