Part 5

A.N. Written alongside PanFluidMe

—————————————————————————

Mirabel's eyes fluttered open to the sun rising on the start of a new day. She took a deep breath in of the fresh air. She slept pretty well.

She got up and continued her way up the mountain, feeling really energetic.

She walked for a long time.

She hadn't even realized how long she had been gone until now, as she reached the peak of the mountain. She looked around her, back down at the encanto, smiling to herself. She looked down the other side of the mountain, at the outside world. It was so close to being outside.

She took one last look at the Encanto from the peak of the mountain before she started her journey down the other side towards the outside world. She had a grin on her face as she walked.

She knew it was going to be another long journey down the mountain, but she knew it was all going to be worth it.

She was so excited about this. She couldn't believe she was doing this.

She just hoped her family wasn't too worried about her, now that she's realizing just how long she's actually been gone.

She didn't know if they were searching for her or not. If they were, there was no way they were going to find her. They wouldn't leave the encanto. They're too scared of the outside world. That's the entire reason Mirabel left the encanto.

She didn't t really know it, but there was something that kept the Madrigals with gifts in Encanto. It was like this unsaid rule between them. Mirabel wasn't afraid to leave the encanto.

She had brought it up once or twice to Camilo and Camilo was clearly nervous at the idea of it. She always told him that it was a great idea and that nothing bad would happen if she were to leave the encanto.

He always said that she didn't know that. The two have wondered close to the mountains, but Camilo always got crazy nervous and didn't want to be left alone.

Mirabel had always wanted to explore the outside world, but every time she came close to the mountains, Camilo was with her, and he absolutely refused to go.

Now was finally her chance to explore the outside world.

She didn't get it why he wouldn't go to the mountains and explore like he and her and talked about many times. She just played it off as not everyone is as curious and adventurous as her.

She walked happily, humming. It was much easier to go down the mountain than up, it seemed, to her.

She did kinda wish that Camilo was there with her. However, she was glad she was doing this. She hoped her family wasn't freaking out too much by her sudden disappearance.

Maybe she should have left a note.... She was sure her family wasn't freaking out too much.

About halfway down the mountain, she decided to just enjoy the spot she was in for a few hours and snack a bit. After she ate her snack and rested for a couple hours, she continued down the mountain.

She could've sworn she heard someone calling out her name in the very distance. She decided to just shrug it off. It was probably nothing.

'Mirabel?!' She heard again.

Mirabel looked around. She shrugged and continued down the mountain. She must've imagined it.

She figured it was just her mind playing tricks on her as she continued down the mountain. She was enjoying herself.

She didn't have very far left to go before she was finally out in the outside world. Another hour and she took her first step into the outside world.

It felt nice. She was excited. She felt free.

"This will be amazing! Nothing bad will happen to me out here!" Mirabel said to herself as she started walking further into the outside world.

'Mirabel?!' She thought she heard again.

"My brain must be playing tricks on me." Mirabel shook her head and continued forward. It was a stunning day out. She didn't really have a plan for what she was going to do in the outside world. She was just going to keep walking and hope she finds something interesting.