Prologue

A.N. This was written alongside my friend PanFluidMe.

—————————————————————————

There was one day when Mirabel decided to do something. Something big and unthought of. She was going to leave the Encanto. Her abuela always warned her about how to outside world was a dangerous place.

She never thought she would do something like this, but she was ready to do it. She just had to make sure nobody saw her and nobody tried to stop her.

She snuck out in the middle of the night.

Casita's tiles were flapping, as if telling her not to go.

"I'll be fine, Casita." Mirabel assured the house, whispering. She knew this was going to be a fun and good idea.

She took a deep breath before opening the front doors and walking out of the house. She stopped and looked back, waving to Casita.

"Adiós, Casita." She turned and started walking away. She figured she would be back before anyone realized she was gone. She walked towards the mountains. As she approached the mountains, she looked at how tall they were. She took in a deep breath, talking to herself, "once I start climbing up these mountains, there's no turning back."

She knew this would be completely different anything she's ever done before. She wouldn't do anything like this before.

She looked at the mountains with a determined facial expression. She turned back to look at the Encanto. "Adiós, Encanto. I'll be back."

With that, she started her journey up the mountain.