[42] avengers assemble

hellloo chuck me a follow on my instagram: @eeema4eva

_______________________________

'So, what's the big news?'

I zoned back into reality and stared at Ciara.

'What?'

She grinned and poked her pen back into her hair, leaning back on the reception desk.

'For the past five minutes, you've been standing there at the printer, smiling at the wall like it's just told you you've won a thousand bucks. And,' she pointed at the pile of sheets lying on the floor at my feet, 'you've completely ignored the fact the printer has been feeding all these forms straight onto the ground. So obviously, something's up.'

I groaned.

'Damn, Olivia needs these straight away, and now they're all crinkled.'

'Who gives a shit right now! Em - you're sending off seriously happy vibes right now. Is it Ashton? Did he propose or something?'

She chuckled at her own joke and helped me pick up the papers, getting them into a stack. I decided to be blunt. No point hiding what's bound to become obvious later on.

'Well, looks like you're not the only official couple in this building anymore,' I hedged, trying not to smile too wide.

Ciara froze, then began to beam.

'No way! Ashton finally asked you to be his girlfriend?!'

I sat down opposite her and clasped my hands together.

'Yep, and he was so amazing about it all. Oh my god, Cee. You should've seen it.' My mind drifted back to IKEA, and I smiled, remembering our last kiss. 'He sat me down and he told me that he thought about me all the time and he just wanted me to be happy. Oh, and he said that the time he has left here, he wants it to be spent with me!'

Ciara rubbed her lips, eyes shining.

'God, we've all been waiting for it to happen. First, for you two to realise your obvious sexual tension, and second, for Ashton to finally grow a pair and ask you out on a proper - wait. Was it a date??'

I nodded.

'We went to IKEA.'

She scoffed.

'Classy, Ashton, real classy.'

'I didn't mind,' I giggled, 'we just hung out and played on all the kids toys.'

'And the soft big beds, I bet,' Cee smirked and I stuck my tongue out.

'Wouldn't you want to know.'

'No thanks! You can keep that part of your relationship strictly private,' she laughed, and I joined in.

'But I have a boyfriend now. Isn't that just crazy?'

'Emma, I can't believe you didn't get one sooner. Ashton knows how lucky he is to have you, and he's not going to let that get away.'

I blushed, and hugged Ciara.

'Thanks Cee, you're the sweetest.'

'No problem babe,' she smiled and checked the intercom, 'and not meaning to change the subject or anything, but Olivia is paging in that she wants those print-outs, and if you don't get to her office now, she'll be anything but sweet with you.'