Fifty five

Luin smoothed down his silver robes nervously. They were gorgeous. A shining silver of starlight decorated in swirling patterns of blue and green that raced up his arms and down over his shoulders. The outer robe trailed on the floor behind him, hanging over over his chest to expose the lighter robe on the inside of his customary deep blue but tinged with silver and green in matching patterns. For once, his jade swords did not hang at his waist and there was no staff in his hand, no guqin on his back. Instead his flowing sleeves hung empty of all apart from a few talismans and all that hung from the ornate belt was a jade pendant that matched the drops of green in his ears and the Jewel hanging from his neck. A partner to the one on the other side of the palace, it's energy dancing on his senses.

He rested a hand to it and smiled. His hair hung over his back, down his back and braided with white blossoms of spring and blue flowers from gardens as it brushed his shoulder blades. It was not as long as it once was but it was long enough for the marriage braids to intertwine around his head. The circlet of silver Thranduil had given him for Aragorn's coronation a year before was nestled over the top, resting on his forehead. It glinted in the spring light as he peered at himself nervously in the vanity mirror again. Charcoal had been used to add a darkness on the edge of his eyes, outlining their shape and a stain created from berry juice added a red to his eyelids. The red reminded him of his mother and he was sad that she could not see him. He hoped that she was happy for him.

The door opened and he turned. Gandalf entered, his white robes spotless as he closed the door behind him. When he saw him, the old man smiled and there was a nostalgic happiness in his eyes. "Luin", he smiled. "You look beautiful. You have come along way from the boy I found on that beach".

Luin beamed at his adoptive father. "Thank you. I must admit that I never expected my life to turn out this way. I just mourn the fact that my parents and Legolas' mother cannot see us now. I wonder if they would be proud".

"I am sure that wherever they maybe, they are proud. I am proud of you. You have found happiness young one". Gandalf reached out and took Luin's hands in his, squeezing them reassuringly. "Your elf prince is good. He will do good by you".

"And I will do good by him", Luin smiled. "When I first dreamed of him, I knew our paths would be intertwined. Now I cannot imagine any different. I am getting Married Gandalf". The last sentence was spoken with such joy and wonder that it made the old man smile. The wide eyes reminding him of the boy he had saved all those years ago. Outside there was a knock on the door.

"I believe it is time", Gandalf stated. He held out and arm and the shorter man rested his hand on it. "May I escort you to your husband to be?" Luin laughed and nodded.

They left the room together and made their way through the palace and out down through the elven city. The streets were empty as they passed. Everyone out in the lands round the river to see their prince get married. Luin could feel a slight flutter of nerves in his stomach as he grew closer. Not misgivings or regrets or uncertainty, just slight apprehension of the crowds. The king of Dale, Bard's grandson, and Bain would be attending. The teen boy who had helped his father kill a dragon now a old man in his seventies. Dwarves from Erebor would be there. The king under the mountain and his consort along with their two children would be attending. Kill and Tauriel with their daughter Nali and their son, Fili. Aragorn and Arwen, Eowyn and Faramir, Sam and his partner Rosie. All three couples newly weds and Luin had attended each wedding. And now they were here to see his.

They turned the corner to the gates to the back of Greenwood lands and Luin lost his breath. Legolas was waiting there for him. His back was turned and he was talking to a familiar red haired she elf. Tamriel was dressed in elvish greens but a dwarf necklace hung around her neck and a hand cloak in similar style hung down to her waist. Her hair was in dwarf braids and they jingled with bells as she tiled her head to look over at Luin. A smile lit up her face and she winked at him before saying something to Legolas and darting out through the gates. "I shall go and find my seat", Gandalf excused himself but Luin hardly noticed.