10

The next day, everything went on as if nothing had happened the previous day.

Except for the little things, like the Mauraders 'accidentally' pushing James on Regulus in the halls, which would result in both of them blushing and letting out stuttered apologies.

Sirius knew who was James' awakening was at this point. And he still doesn't know if he should be mad at James -for wanting to shag his little brother- or support him. And anyway, what was James gonna do about Lily now?

And when they asked him that question one night in the Gryffindor dormitory, at 4:02 am or so, when every one of them was in their own bed, the tosser had the audacity to say,

"What about Evans?" A confused James asked with furrowed brows, as if it was the least of his problems, which it probably was.

"'What about Evans?' Are you serious, Prongs?" Asked Peter in exasperation, his brows raising at his friend's stupidity.

Peter's face dropped in realization at his mistake, but it was too late.

Before anyone could stop him, Sirius opened his mouth. "No, I'm Sirius." He says in mock confusion, with a goofy grin on his face, his hands behind his head under the pillow.

Remus, who was buried under two thick covers due to the full moon being in three days -he gets extremely grumpy around his time of the month, and his chocolate addiction also seemed to be heightened at that time too- and because his bed was the closest to Sirius' bed he threw a perfectly aimed pillow at Sirius' face, which ended up with an offended Sirius and a smiley Remus. They really do act like a married couple.

"James, you've been after Evans since our first year, but the past couple of days, you haven't even looked in her direction." Peter stated. That got the attention of the married couple.

Sirius, Peter and Remus agreed to keep what they know about him and Regulus a secret, because otherwise, operation 'Jegulus' won't work.

Also, Evan has been helping them around with the small things, like not sitting next to Regulus, so James could take his place. The two would carry go on with the class talking and not even paying the slightest bit of attention to what the Professors were saying. They did this subtly of course so they wouldn't get detention. And both thinking that nobody could see them, but little did they know that there were a total of four people watching them.

They were so wrapped up in each other that they didn't notice four people occasionally glancing at the back of their heads, James didn't even notice he wasn't sitting with his friends since first year, for Merlin's sake!

"What are you implying, Wormy?" James asked with his brows furrowing even more the more puzzled he got, propping himself up on his elbows to look at the blonde-haired boy.

"I'm saying that you haven't payed the slightest bit of interest to the so called 'love of your life' since the beginning of the year, the girl you've been crazy about since we've been eleven, and not to mention you didn't send her letters over the summer like you usually do."Peter was spitting facts left and right, and James didn't know what to do about it. The Marauders spend the summer at the Potter's, and every summer before fifth year, when every summer arrives, the first things James tells his friends when they arrive at his house is his 'precious Lilyflower's' letters -which he sends her handfuls of every summer- He always brags about what he wrote in the letters, always showering her with compliments, and of course, asking her out, in every single one. Each one had a different cheesy pick up line, but they always ended the same way, "My dear Lilyflower, will you go out with me?"
Remus would feel bad for Lily, Sirius would cheer him on and give him more pick up lines, and Peter would just say that it was a bad idea, and it won't end well.