5

They arrived at Hogwarts soon, and the students sat down at their house tables, waiting for Dumbledores 'start of the term speech'.

Regulus was sitting with his only real friend at the Slytherin table. Suddenly, Evan asked Regulus a question,

"You got a girlfriend yet?" he asked, intrested.

Regulus sighed, shaking his head, "Evan, you know i dont date"

"Well then, why dont you change that?" Evan responded.

"Im good with being single, thanks" Regulus smiled, sarcastically.

Evan pouted, while crossing his arms, resting them on the table, "you're no fun" he teased, while pinching his friend's cheek.

Regulus rolled his eyes, and swatted his hand away in response.

Regulus would never admit it to anyone, but, in his third year he realized he liked blokes, not girls. In fact he only found guys attractive, never once did he think a girl was cute or hot. He was too scared to come out of the closet since then, scared of what everyone will think.

He was broken out of his train of thoughts when Dumbledore finally started the speech.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!" Dumbledore said with his arms wide, as if expecting a hug from the students.

Regulus was too lost in thought, and he was looking around the hall.

His eyes landed on his brother. He seemed happy with the rest of the Maurauders, Regulus was glad that Sirius was happy.

Then his eyes met a pair of hazel eyes, next to Sirius, the eyes of the one and only, James Potter.

It was like a staring contest, to see who would blink or look away first.

Regulus narrowed his eyes, trying to get James to look away first. But James just responded with a taunting grin.

Regulus chlenched his jaw in irritation.

About 1 minutes later, they still didnt look away, too ingrossed in eachothers eyes.

James looked away first when a scattered applause came from the students.

Regulus smriked triumphley at James.  (sorry if i spelt that ^wrong).

James glared at him in response, jaw twitching in irritation.

Regulus smirked again, happy to get a reaction out of him.

Regulus didnt notice how James stared at him after he looked away.

James just stares at him, taking in all his features. His eyes. His face structure. His jaw. His hair. His lips. Oh, how he wanted to kiss the life out of him. What the fuck am i thinking?!. He thought to himself while shaking his head, looking away. That was weird. He thought to himself again but was broken out of his thoughts by Dumbledore.

"Let the feast, begin!" with a flick of his wrist, there was food on the tabels.

For the rest of the feast, James was uncharacteristically silent and confused while stuck in his thoughts, while Sirius, Remus and Peter, were talking and eating.

Why did i want to kiss him? I only want to kiss Lily, thats it! He just another slimey slytherin, but, why do i feel like my stomach is doing backflips?

He was contemplating this for a while, and his friends finally noticed his odd behavior.

"You okay mate?" Peter asked James, concerned, since James was silent the whole time since the feast started.