Yellow Eyes

The whole family was in the living room by the fire, Selever keeping up his act. The window near them gave them a remarkably beautiful view, the moonlight turning the snowflakes to glitter whenever it touched them. The fireplace was controllably blazing, spreading warmth briskly throughout the section of the room, family members with hot tea in their hands, under blankets.

"I'm glad I won at hide and seek brother! It was fun. But you couldn't find me. That's never happened to me before!" Rasazy said.

"Oh yeah, heh, you're a...great hider sis." Selever said, looking away and sipping his tea. "But I'll definitely get you next time."

"Hehehe." Rasazy giggled.

"I must say Selever, you were really a great help today. I don't know what got into you, but I really enjoyed this behavior you have going on. You are really shaping into the holy demon I raised you to become." Sarvente said. She softly smiled and winked.

"Oh. Yeah. Thanks mom." He replied.

"Are you alright son?" Ruv asked.

"I'm ok. Just a little tired."

"Maybe you should head up to bed. You can sleep in late tomorrow if you promise to help me out more around the church." Sarv said.

"Oh, mom, um....that won't be necessary."

"Why not?" She frowned.

"I just didn't realize you wanted my help tomorrow, and it was just a one time thing."

"So why did you all of a sudden help out today?"

"Because...I....uh....just, wanted to show you that even though I don't do much around this place. I just thought I'd step in.....you know....'cause I love you."

The whole room went silent as the sound of the fire was crisp to the ear. Sarvente and Ruv stared at Selever, finding their words, looking into Selever, the dominance of their unsettling stares caught Selever's nervousness to kick into gear.

"Something tells me you're lying, or have something else you're not telling us." Sarvente squinted.

"Selever, is there something else you want to say?" Ruv asked, catching on with Sarv's actions.

"What do you guys mean?"

"The more I'm thinking about this, the more I think you just did this because you want something." Sarv said.

"What could have I been wanting?"

"I don't know exactly, but I think it's something that you wouldn't want us to know about. I'm starting to come on to you Selever, so watch yourself." Sarvente slowly looked away from her son, and sipped her tea with two hands.

"I'm going to bed." Selever said. He got up and left his tea on the table that no one seemed to notice.

"Good night Selever." Said Sarv and Ruv.

"Night." Selever replied timidly.
—————————————————-
The night's winds of the second storm kept Sel awake. He got out of bed and walked over to his windowsill, picking up the blanket with the star with the three triangles. It felt cold to his pale white hands as he folded it up and set it aside. He crossed his legs and arms as he looked into the outdoors, trying to make out images that were slightly visible from the storm. He knew something was wrong when a flurry progressed to a storm. The snowflakes danced into a asymmetrical design that was perfect. He overthought, as the dance changed at random. His desires overtook his focus of the snow, a desire for magic. The sheet of his pillow from his bed shone the top of the cyan star. Selever got off the windowsill to catch the light. He took away his pillow so he can have the book in his hands. Instead of leaving the room, he went into his bathroom that was spacious, mini church windows that gave it it's relaxing light source. The shower had two faucets, with one of the windows in between them, across a wide sink. He sat down in the middle of the floor, across a heat vent that caused the warmth to relax the muscles. He opened the book, knowing for sure he locked both his doors. He flipped through the book to find something that could help him. He had nothing left to lose. He lost trust from his family, love from his friend, and betraying his sister. He was physically a monster on the outside, and now was a monster on the inside too. An ugly one. His tears touched a page of the book. It was titled Power Enhancement. He read through the page, words, graphics, and all. He thought it was the thing he needed to make his powers better than ever before. But his doubt stood him up in front of his bathroom mirror, staring into his pearly white eyes, that reminded him of his mother, his father, his poor naive sister.

"Is this a choice?" He thought. "I'm going to change myself for me. But this change might not be good. But will it matter? Will it matter to them? Will it matter to me? Will I hurt myself, my family, my home? I deserve to be alone, but still have hatred running in me. I should just be alone for the rest of my life. Nobody needs me, nobody loves me. Hell.....I don't even love myself. I'm truly a terrible gift brought upon this world, so I guess nothing will matter at this point. I won't care if change hurts me. And I should leave my family for the greater good."

He teared up at his eyes, ashamed of everything he's done. He closed his eyes and sat on the floor near the vent to keep himself warm. He dog-earred his page before, and went back to it. He studied its complicated incantation, ready to make a risky and long thought out decision. The only directions were to do the spell as planned, just to say the following words with his eyes closed. He crossed his legs and took a deep breath, glancing down slowly and gently as he read the words aloud to himself.

Summon upon a desperate soul,
Give high price in return,
A new blessing or new curse
As a new desire will soon be full

A glowing rune appeared behind Selever, glowing a raspberry of color, giving not Selever's rune circle. His hair flowed wherever it pleased as souls were circling all around the bathroom. Sel, as the magic was taking toll, crescendoed into the incantation.

Connect with Hell and forget God
And make it's inherited power new strength
Come and give me what I want
A price I will to pay

The souls one by one traveled into Sel's body as he is deep in the room's wind, the rune, his own thought. He snapped open his eyes as they were yellow in color, shutting the spellbook. Every soul entered except one, looking different than all the others. The rune and wind stopped, all that was left was the soul, and Selever with his glowing yellow eyes. The soul was echo and reverb, having little voice but can make out what it says. Selever had a chill run up his spine, from nervousness and how cold his upper body was, since he didn't receive heat there.

"There is one price....and one price only"

Selever started to sweat at his forehead.

"What is it great spirit?"

"Thou will become corrupted from core of power...Thou price is as powerful as thou prophecy from Hell, granting you power than only one can withhold without reason. So you accept fate?"

Selever paused and closed his eyes, hesitant, yet confident.

"I accept. Do as you must."

The final soul went straight into him. The dark raspberry light made a halo around the shape of his body, flashing a glow all around, and ended absorbing at his chest. He sat there for a moment, feeling nothing, until a sharp pain occurred in his hand. He groaned in pain, noticing blotches of raspberry appeared all over his hands, with claws popping in underneath the skin of each finger. His horns and wings blotched with the corrupted color as the shape got rounded and his horns lengthened, eternally lit with pinkish fire off of the tips of his horns, and the top of his wings. He used all of his effort to get up and look at himself in the mirror, he saw his hair blotched, under eye lines, and his yellow eyes. His head was in a state of migraine from the corruption, looking at a form he knew was true to his pessimism. He studied hard. He knew everything of him and what he did. He knew what he had become. Leaving the bathroom, he poofed into his clothes and opened the window above the windowsill he usually sits at. The winds were almost impenetrable because of the icy storm that was sharp to his senses whenever he was around cold. With no coat, looking back, flew out of the window, becoming one with the storm. The blanket flew into the wind out the window, and had no chance of landing until the storm calmed.