Ch. 17 | Russian Roulette

Wha gwan blud (I'm trying to talk hood coz I'm movin' bare trill in this story *pew pew* -that was the sound of my gun...I don't have a gun, I just stuck my fingers out and made that sound with my mouth :( ANYWAY).

As requested (because I read every single comment) I have uploaded a photo of the cast to the sidebar (or it should pop up at the top if you are reading this on the Wattpad mobile app) for your viewing pleasure.

As usual, I hope you enjoy the story. Please vote, comment, share, and use the #RunningWilde hashtag on Twitter.

***

I'm taking it slow

Feeding my flame

Shuffling the cards of your game

And just in time

In the right place

Suddenly I will play my ace

 -Eyes on Fire

Blue Foundation

Vince looked down at the fallen Siren, shook his head and tutted, “What a waste. She was so…” his glacial eyes flicked up to Aiden and he licked his lips, “Gifted.”

Aiden finally tore his eyes away from the only woman he’d ever loved and looked back at Vince, his stare unwavering and empty as if something had died and gone up in smoke inside of him; like that part of him that loved her so devastatingly, never existed. He turned his back on his enemy and unclipped the tracker button from his jacket, then walked back to Ava’s side. Out of all of the people on his end of the platform, she was the one who looked the most mortified by Ash’s sudden death; her hazel eyes were glazed with horror and her ruined lips were parted, expelling short, sharp, panicked breaths. She had seen more loss than she deserved to on this night…it was a shame that it wouldn’t be the last. Dani and Titan brewed with solemn rage; they looked the way that Aiden felt but wasn’t so inclined to show in front of his enemy.

“All right, let’s speed this along. I have other business to attend to,” he snapped. His irritation wasn’t so easily disguised.

Vince smirked sardonically, “Aren’t you going to get angry? You just lost your girlfriend.”

“A traitor is of no loss to me.”

“How quick you change your tune. Even my men on the top floor heard you cry out for her when Max shot her.”

Aiden looked at Max, “I wanted the satisfaction of doing it myself.”

“But you had the chance to do so and you didn’t.”

“You snooze, you lose,” Aiden shrugged and placed his hand and the top of Ava’s spine, his black eyes still watching Max. Slowly, he began to draw his touch down the centre of Ava’s back, taking satisfaction in the way that her muscles unlocked themselves from her tense stature as he moved lower. The muscle in Max’s jaw flickered. Aiden smirked at him, “Make no mistake, Ashleigh didn’t defy me because of my treatment of her. It was my treatment of your daughter that she wasn’t so fond of.” Discreetly, Aiden slipped his fingers into the waistband of Ava’s jeans and pinned the tracker to the outside then pulled the hem of her tank top over it. Ava’s spine straightened abruptly at the brief skin on skin contact. Aiden licked his lips and stood closer to her, “She loved me and didn’t like that Ava-Marie had taken such a shine to me. She probably hated it more than you do.”

Max narrowed his eyes at Aiden; he knew that the comment wasn’t made to antagonise Vince alone. He contemplated shooting Ash again just to see her body jump the way Ava’s did at her tyrant’s touch. It wouldn’t look as alive, but he knew it would piss Aiden off, even though he was concealing it so well.