Chapter 1: What Was Once Peace And Quiet (Mariel's POV)

I'm sure you all know me by now. My name is Mariel. I'm the head of the house, basically like the mother to my roommates and once boyfriend. I'm pretty used to it since its honestly pretty fun! You get to have part of it be your inner parent and the other part just you having fun. But that's probably not why you're here... Let's start from the beginning.

It was a Saturday morning and me and my friends were at a flea market that just opened recently. It was further out in the outskirts of Millstone, so it was a bit of a drive at first. When we got there, me and the guys kind of made our separate ways and went looking for whatever the hell we wanted to buy. I was mostly focused in buying some dolls for my various collections. Stuff like Barbie, LOL Surprise, etc. About 10 minutes later, I wound up with a good amount of stuff for only $2 at one booth.

A few booths later, I bump into Slider and saw that he was looking for something... "What's wrong?" I ask. Slider's face turned white and he told me he couldn't find Matt anywhere. "Last time I saw him was about 5 minutes ago at the snack bar, and as soon as I turn my head *poof* he's gone!" Slider told me. We rallied up the others and went on the hunt for Matt. It took us almost a half and hour before we could get an answer to his whereabouts. Before we heard a shouting for someone told a person to "STOP!" We took this to consideration and ran to the scene as fast as we could.

"Some redhead made a b-line for my portal!" A vendor said. I can't quite remember the details of what the person looked like. But I know for a fact it was a middle aged man who was selling various odd items, mostly related to stuff like Witchcraft. We pleaded with him to use the portal and told him that our friend was the one who ran in, he was a bit skeptical at first but let us in anyway, as long as we paid him $100 for the use.

"I dunno, guys...Something just doesn't sit with me on this one..." Inez tells us. "Inez. Matt is in danger. Sure we all hate him but we need to help him!" Joseph explained before he ran into the portal. Inez gave in and told me that if something happens, we "owe her bigtime." I took her words with a grain of salt and ran inside with the others following in suit.

Let me tell ya, you haven't seen ANYTHING yet!