Concerns

February 28th

Faye Calinao

"Faye Calinao," Lei sighed and I stirred awake from my spot on the couch. It felt like I went to sleep only a few minutes ago. "Why did you sleep on the couch? You could have kicked me out of the bedroom if you didn't want me in there."

"Lei," I heard a warning tone from Doaming Si. I slowly sat up and opened my eyes. I looked over to see Doaming Si on the recliner with his laptop on his lap giving Lei a warning look. I look led up to see Lei was standing in front of me in his sleepwear. Lei looked towards me and had an uncertain look. Lei knelt down on his knees and gently took my one hand.

"What time did you both go to sleep? You could have woken me." I'm quite at unease's from our conversation yesterday which brought me to sleep all day.

"It's okay," I spoke gently. My voice wasn't quite ready to speak after waking. "I did not want to bother you."

"Is your neck alright? Are you feeling alright?" He asked gently.

"I'm fi- Oh," I gasped surprised at the sudden movement. I looked down placing my hand on my stomach. I looked up at Lei with my eyes to him alert and panicked. Doaming Si looked over making sure everything was alright.

"What..." I took his hand and replaced his hand with mine on my stomach where I felt the sudden movement. It took a moment before I gasped surprised again at the sudden movement and Lei smiled at our little ones first moments of movement. We felt some kicks. Doaming Si sat up in his seat.

"Wow," Lei smiled looking at me. He reached forward and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I can't wait to meet her." He wants a girl. My heart swooned at moments like these with him.

"You really want a girl," I spoke lightly. He hummed and moved a strand of my hair away from my face.

"Did he move?" Lei turned and gave him a look of annoyance.

"We're having a girl." Doaming Si chuckled and placed his laptop on the table.

"You don't know for sure yet. I think you're having a boy." The two went back and forth about the gender and I laughed at the two as they argued. It was funny watching them come up with their reasoning.

"What do you think Faye?" Lei asked me.

"Hmm?" I looked between the two men as they awaited for me to answer. "I'm... not sure," I shrugged. "I'm excited to have a girl or a boy. I'm happy to feel the first kick."

"I'm curious how Senior Yu Yin and Cha are going to have us reveal the gender." I shrugged and smiled. "By the way, before I forget to mention to you, next Sunday evening, my parents will be home so you can officially meet them before the baby shower."

"Oh," my eyes widened. "Right. I have yet to meet your mom and dad. I'm just meeting your parents..." I said slowly, realizing I'm just about five months pregnant and I've never met his parents. "And I've been staying with you."

"My parents already know," Lei reassured me. "They're very excited to officially meet you and are very grateful to hear they're having their first grandchild. My mother asks me every morning about you and our little one's status."

"Really?"

"She loves you already Faye," Lei smiled. "She's excited to meet the woman who stole my heart in the matter of a semester."

"Hmm... you stole my heart freshman year of Senior high school."

"Ah..." Lei hesitated. "I continue to forget that you were my stand partner that year. My mom is going to hit me with a broomstick for not noticing you back then."

"Anyway..." Doaming Si spoke interrupting our moment. "As much as I like seeing you two bond and make memories. Are we going to do something before we head back home?" Lei looked towards me wondering if we were.

"I want to ice skate," I smiled and the both of them looked at me wondering if that was a great idea. "I'll be fine skating. I usually like to go to the ice rank in town before leaving."

"Are you sure Faye?" Lei questioned.

"I want to go ice skating," I said again, not changing my mind. "It will be fun."

Huaze Lei

Her laughter filled the skating arena as she went around. For the past twenty minutes she has been enjoying herself. On the other hand, I needed to sit down unsure how to keep up with my girlfriend.

We had the arena to ourselves since I'm sure everyone was sleeping at the time on a Sunday morning or they were at church. She really wanted to ice skate and we agreed to eat afterwards.

It amazed me as I watched Ah Si and Faye bonding this weekend. I never thought I'd see them form a friendship after everything Faye had gone through and the struggles she has faced in the time frame of entering Ming De. I never thought it was possible in the matter of a few months.

"Lei." I looked over to see Ah Si taking a seat beside me and he let out a tired breath knowing he needed a break. He looked over to me and seemed to have something on his mind.

"She's still upset with me, I know."

"I was not going to mention that, but since you have," He frowned slightly. "I think you and Faye need to have private time alone to... bond. You should spend more time with her. Since Spring Break is approaching, you two should go somewhere."

"I will bring it up to her on the drive home later," I nod. "I'm concerned for Faye when we return to school tomorrow."

"Then you better be by her side then. You and Ximen are making quite the mess in Faye's life at the moment. Our whole school knows about her private life thanks to you both fighting and causing scenes."

"I never wanted that for her," I mumbled.

"Well it's too late for that. There's only so much I can do from spreading outside of Lei. She has yet to announce to the music industry. You can't forget she's quite popular in the music industry."

"I know that Ah Si. Her manager told us to announce the news when Faye is ready within the next few weeks. I'm not going to rush her when she has our classmates to face at the moment."

"I hope you're going to protect her then. You need to be a better support than you have been these past few weeks. She needs you. Speaking of support, I'm going to talk to Ximen about spending the morning of his birthday with Faye." I frowned, unsure I heard him right.

"Are you crazy?"

"Faye really needs this."

"You think Ximen is going to agree to that? We're in quite the middle of a mess right now. We're here because she ran away from his accusations in class. How are you going to get Ximen to spend an entire morning with her?"

"Ximen still owes me a favor from that time at the airport."

"What makes you think he will agree to your request?"

"He wouldn't dare go against my request after saving him."

///

So... I've realized the next update is 2 parts and I wouldn't want to leave you guys on a cliffhanger for a week 👀

This will be the only chapter put up until next week! We have the fun and interesting going on after this chapter. 

*smiles innocently*

Next update: March 10th, 2022