Encounter

February 19th

Huaze Lei

"Faye..." I called lightly as I knocked on the door gently before opening the door. After peaking my head into the guest room, I noticed there were no movement in the room. I walked into the room and closed the door behind me before walking over to the bed. Faye was sound asleep surrounded by pillows.

It was quite late when we returned from the school. It was around one thirty this morning when we arrived at the house. Walking her to the guest room, it took no time for her to fall asleep. I assumed she was tired. It's now six in the morning and I felt guilty for waking her up at this time.

I sat on the edge of the bed and she looked deep into her sleep. I gently rubbed her shoulder and there wasn't any stirring.

"Faye." I spoke gently, making sure not to scare her. I don't think her nightmares have quite subsided lately and wanted to make sure not to cause her any sort of stress. She continues to sleep in peace without any signs of waking. I moved a strand of her hair away from her face and she doesn't wake at all from my touch.

I looked down at my watch to check the time. She must be exhausted after a long evening spent in the lab. My phone vibrates and I sighed when Faye frowned slightly. I moved away from her and took my phone out to see Ximen calling.

"Ximen," I answered.

"Hi. By any chance can we all meet up at the school in about an hour before your orchestra rehearsal?"

"I won't be able to today. Faye and I are supposed to practice our solos today." There was silence on the other end and I waited for Ximen to respond. "Ximen?" I questioned.

"Yes. Sorry. Got it. Let's plan for dinner then at Si's house. Shancai will be cooking tonight. We'll be the judge I guess tonight."

"Okay." Another thing to talk to Faye about. I'm sure she would look forward to seeing everyone and letting them know of her memories returning.

Faye Calinao

"Remember when Gu Weiyi thought he could walk through the table?" Senior Yu Yin asked and we broke into laughter as we walked into the cafeteria for lunch. Gu Weiyi held the door for us and rolled his eyes pretending he had no idea what he was talking about. I laughed thinking of a drunk Gu Weiyi that evening.

"Sito Mo forced you to go to sleep early that night," I smiled lightly. As we were approaching the line to get food, I noticed both Meizuo and Doaming Si. My smile faltered and realization came to me. I stopped in my tracks looking around feeling a bit panicked.

"What's wrong?" Gi Weiyi asked and placed a hand on my arm. Senior Yu Yin pondered wondering the same thing. I looked around thinking Ximen was here and I knew better and should leave to avoid him.

"I should go,"I spoke lightly.

"What happened?" Senior asked, wondering what was happening.

"I forgot something on the stage. I should get it," I spoke thinking of the first that came to mind. "It should take me a few minutes." Senior Yu Yin nodded slightly and I said goodbye to them. I quickly began making my way towards the exit of the cafeteria and kept my eyes to the ground.

My worry consumed me as I past the table Meizuo an Doaming Si sat. I knew Lei wouldn't be here quite yet, because he still had to pack his violin away after giving a private violin lesson to a freshman. If they were sitting in the cafeteria, that meant all four of them would be here.

A hard impact made me fall backwards. I used my hands to reach back to stop myself from falling. My butt and my hands collided with the cold marble floor and I flinched slightly at my right wrist sending shock up my elbow. I closed my eyes in pain for a moment as the shocking pain went away. I pulled my arm up to my chest and opened my eyes to observe the tingling fingers.