Pain

February 23rd

Faye Calinao

Look at her. Who would have thought Faye Calinao would be having a child. She's already showing.

I heard that's the reason why Ximen and her aren't friends anymore

Do you think that's why Ximen was being cold towards her last week?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ximen was pissed off at both of his best friends sleeping together and not being together for barely a semester

That'd be embarrassing if my best friend made a scene in front of the entire student body and acted cold towards me

Whispers and talking around me began the moment I stepped foot onto campus on this cold Monday morning. My grip around my cello case tightened, feeling uneasy as I heard the news spreading about everything all at once.

Entering the music building, I averted my eyes to the ground knowing everyone here would be staring. There were some who stopped walking to stare. It was in my best interest to remain calm and wait until I put my cello away to find Lei. Though it also made me feel uneasy about what everyone would say once we were both together.

After putting my cello into my locker, I put my backpack on and made my way to a classroom closing the door shut behind me. I took out my phone and looked for Lei's contact. I hit the call button and put my phone to my ear.

"Good morning Faye," I heard Lei then the sound of coughing on the other end.

"Morning," I spoke softly. "Are... you not feeling well?"

"I'm afraid so," Lei sighed from the end. "I haven't been feeling well since last night. I'm going to rest at Meizuo's for a day or two."

"You can always come back to your house. I can make sure to stay a bit of distance and let you rest in your room until you're better." There's more coughing on the other end before he answered.

"It's alright. I'm not feeling very well at the moment and decided to rest here. Is everything alright for you? Are you on campus already?"

"I am," I spoke softly, not wanting Lei to worry since he's not feeling well at the moment. I wouldn't want him to worry. I guess... I'll have to face my classmates on my own for now. "I'm going to head to the cafe before class and work on my lab report."

"Okay. I hope you have a great day. You can call me anytime."

"I'll talk to you later," I smiled slightly thinking about him wrapped under the covers. Once the call ended, I sighed lightly and decided to finally make my way to the cafe instead of the cafeteria. Rushing back into the cold, I took the long route to avoid many of my classmates. Shivering at how cold it was I began walking at a quicker pace.

Turning a corner I immediately noticed Ximen and I gasped slightly before hiding myself behind the building. I peeked my head to see Ximen and Xiaoyou together sitting on a bench. I noticed Xiaoyou had laughed at something and Ximen smiled at her.

Watching them talk, laugh, and smile sadden me for not having a friendship with Ximen anymore. My anxious feelings of my classmates talking about me turned into a mellow aching and constricting feeling of seeing my best friend be happy without me in his life. He seemed... happy. Taking a closer look at him I noticed he was in an arm cast and had a bruise to his cheek, but he seemed perfectly fine talking to Xiaoyou.

I wonder what happened. How did he break his arm? I hope he's alright and doing well.

"You're being cute," Ximen said to her. I couldn't playfully disrupt them and pretend to pull Xiaoyou away, because he would now find a way to make me worthless to him and remind me of my deal and promise to him. I wouldn't want to ruin Xiaoyou's time with him anyway.