Chapter 2

So we just arrived to Gator golf and let me tell you, this is the coolest shit I've ever seen. Like the alligators in the water and the neon green lights and it just looks cool.

"Y/n come golf with Lily and me!" Will says with a smile. "I'm not really good at golf." I reply.

"Pleaaasseeeeeeeeeeee." Lily begs.

"No."

"Please Y/n, it'd be so much more fun! I'm not really good at golf either, but I still think it'll be fun." Will pleads.

I let out a sigh. "Fine, but only for a little bit." I state. They both start cheering and hand me a golf club. "I don't have the money to pay if I break something though." I add. They both laugh and lead me to the first hole.

Lily goes first and hits it in with 4 hits. Will gets a hole in one. "Bad at golf my ass." I say crossing my arms.

"Y/n language!" Lily yells. I roll my eyes and hit the golf ball, it goes in with 3 hits.

Lily goes first on the next hole as well... although she seems to underestimate her strength because the ball goes flying off the thing and across the room until a thud and some screams are heard. Lily panics and runs away, dragging Will with her.

"What. The. Heck." I say watching where she ran off. "Well... I guess I should fix what she broke since that's what friends do." I mumble dragging me feet as I walk to the noise. There was a crowd surrounding something.

I make my way to the front and see some dude working on the alligator animatronic, although he was doing a shitty job.

"Dude, do you even know what you're doing? Those wires clearly don't go there." I state. He looks back to me panic on his face.

"Do you know? Please say you do, I'm just a waiter, the last mechanic was fired so I was told to fix this." He says, tears brimming his eyes. I suddenly feel bad for the dude.

"Yeah, I do." I reply, relief goes over his face as he wipes his tears. "I'm so glad!" He exclaims, pure joy on his face. (Please bear with me, I know absolutely no mechanical things)

"Here I am fixing my friends mistakes again." I mumble with a sigh. I open up the chest piece seeing a few wires on the edge loose. There's so much free space in his chest, it's weird. I fix the wires and look up at the gator's face, his eyes were following my movements, he seems to be working properly.

"The pizzaplex is now closing, everyone please make your way out." Is heard from the intercom. I sigh and fix the wires in his arm that the waiter dude was messing with.

I put the chest piece and arm piece back on then stand up to admire my work.

"Are you working now? You should be working. Please be working I don't wanna sued or anything. Wait... why would I get sued? I'm not the one who hit you with a golf ball. That was my friend Lily. Anyway, you're working right?" I question.

The gator stands up, he was towering over me. Why would they make him so tall?

"Yeah... I'm all good now." He replies. "Good, I don't have the money to get new parts or pay for damages or whatever." I add with relief.

I start to walk away to look for my group when I notice the place is completely empty. "Well... this is fun." I mumble with a sigh.

I walk to the gator golf door and try to open it. It's locked. "How the fuck did they lock up so fast?" I whisper to myself. I go back and pick up the golf club I left on the ground, it seems rude to leave it.

I start to walk to put it away when footsteps appear behind me, I quickly whip around swinging the golf club at whoever was there with a scream.

"That's not very nice darling." The voice says. I look up to see Montgomery Gator holding the golf club. "Oh it's you." I say lowering the club.

"Should I take offense to that?" He asks putting a hand over his heart... or uh... where his heart would be.

"N...no! Sorry, I just thought you were like someone trying to kidnap me or something." I reply.

"How do you know I'm not?" He asks, leaning down. My face heats up a bit. "Uh... w... well uh, you were like uh programmed to uhm... not?" I stammer. He gets a grin on his face and stands up straight again.

"Anyway. why are you still here? The pizzaplex is closed." He says, crossing his arms.

"I got locked in while fixing you." I reply. "Did your family really ditch you?" He asks, holding in a laugh.

"Shut up, it wasn't even my family, it was my friend's relatives and some of her cousin's friends." I respond crossing my arms and looking away.

"Well that's great and all, but if Vanessa sees you you're in trouble." He says looking around.

        "Who the fuck is Vanessa?" I ask. "Nightguard, she's pretty rude. Yells a lot." He says.

"Oh. Ew. I don't like this Vanessa. She probably sleeps with socks on." I respond. He laughs, a thud is heard nearby.

         "Ohhh shit, what's that?" I ask. Montgomery seems to freeze for a moment. He glances at me then where the thud was heard.

         "Monty! What are you doing in here? I know you're here!" A voice calls out.

             "Speak of the devil..." Montgomery mutters.

            Footsteps are heard getting closer, Montgomery opens his chest piece and quickly helps me inside, closing it after. I can barely see anything. How the actual fuck is there this much room in here? How do I fit in here? I guess that's the benefit of a 7 or 8 foot gator animatronic?

        The footsteps appear to stop in front of Montgomery. "What are you doing? I told you to go to your room as soon as we closed." The person says, annoyance very clear in their voice.

         "Sorry Vanessa," Montgomery says in a taunting tone. "I got hit with a golf ball and had to get fixed." He adds. 'Vanessa' sighs. Knowing that Vanessa is there terrifies me. Granted I've never met her, but Montgomery says she's a bitch so I believe him.

          "Whatever, get to your room now." She replies. Then footsteps are heard walking away. Montgomery starts moving causing me to panic a bit.

           "Don't worry, I'm just going to my room. Vanessa most likely won't go in there so you shouldn't get caught." He says. I let out a sigh of relief as Montgomery continues walking to his room.