Mortal Kiss and a Thing . . .

Chapter 31 - Mortal Kiss and a Thing . . .

"Frightened?" A sudden voice said, seductively in my ear from behind me. 

Chad . . .

I bit down hard on my lower lip, clinching my hands into balled fists, toes curling inwards and mind going frizzy. Why was he here, I thought with urgency. With him being here was not helping my excitement, because now it only increased a hell of a lot more, like when a car battery gets a jolt of full on power.

BOOM!

The thunder roared louder this time, seeming closer, and with the heavy rain pouring outside like it was winter. The 'boom' made me jump slightly, or perhaps I jumped because of when my eyes looked downwards to see Chad's arms snake around my waist, holding me. His arm muscles visible and veins bulge out; even thought the house was dark, I could still see every detail of his flawless skin as clear as day. Gosh, someone pass me a fan I'm heating up, I yelled in my head; his body pressing closer to mine, hard chest onto my back. 

I heard him chuckle lowly.

"I'm not," I managed to say weakly, forcefully tearing my gaze away from his arms that wrapped tighter around me. "I'm never frightened . . . I'm never frightened by you." I repeated again, as if to try and reassure myself of my words I've spoken so weakly. 

"Hmm . . ." Was his only reply. 

I frowned because I was surely expecting a little more of a sly remark back! Knowing Chad, he would always give one to me. He couldn't have been out of words! Or was he doing this just to drive my thoughts more insane inside my frizzy brain? I certainly wasn't used to 'nothing replies' from him. 

"Hmm? Is that all you're going to say?" I inquired, with a smug smirk arising on my lips, wanting him to speak more and not give me anything but only a mumble! 

Instead of a reply, he started to trail kisses on my neck; licking and softly grazing his human teeth over the exposed skin, seductively, leaving me wide eyed and lips parted in anticipation for more. Until he finally said, "Sorry, wasn't listening to anything you just said." I sensed a satisfied smirk from his lips when I huffed, frustrated.

Regretfully I forced myself to pull away from his hold, as hard as that was. But I had to because my pride was somewhat smashed at this moment. However, as soon as Chad noticed I was moving forward and away from his body and embrace, he "Tusk, tusk" me with his tongue, before pulling me back, turning me rapidly around and then pushing me roughly against the murky wall, just a few meters away from the open front doorway. 

It was darker here. Much too darker. But there was nothing stopping both of us from actually seeing each other’s features perfectly in this dark shaded corner. We both were inhuman anyways . . .

I groaned.

But don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't want to be pressed up against a shady wall, with Chad's face centimeters away from mine. Just that I was feeling TOO excited at this moment and was worrying that maybe this would lead to something--

"Chad . . ." I faintly whispered. The whisper sounded all too familiar to my ears as it used to be my old Sasha voice, not so long ago. Remembering a little image of the beach, then Chad carrying me, then seeing him again at school with those romance books . . . It surprisingly put a genuine smile on my face at those innocent memories.

My mind came back to this moment again and I realized that me and Chad, stood standing, staring at each other, gazing deep within the deepest spot of each other’s orbs. We both knew we had certain glints sparkling above surface, but yet the selfishness of it all was that I couldn't tell what kind of look was in his eyes, as well as he couldn't tell mine either. I sighed inwards, knowing that his look was probably lust, so I was going to say mine was too.