Mix feelings . . . Dreaded beginnings

Chapter 27 - Mix feelings . . . Dreaded beginnings

((Vote if you want Chad to share his feelings with Sasha -- that's if he has any for her ;) Which I strongly hope he does! Or else I will strangle him !!! So help and VOTE VOTE VOTE))

My mind was switched off. Not functioning correctly and that is how it went. I don't know how long I've been passed out for. I hardly have a clue how I passed out to begin with! But as soon as my mind jolted to awaken I was up on my feet in an instant, off the ground and scanning my surroundings for any predator. I was not quite certain as to why I had suddenly taken caution, but I knew it had to be for some good reason.

My head was unfortunately blank, waiting patiently for the moment for the objects in front of me to help it get some kind of hint, some kind of reason as to why I was currently standing in a messy looking restaurant that looked vaguely familiar. I scratched the back of my head, looking dumbfounded as my eyes gazed upon scattered dinner chairs, turned upside down tables which some were cracked in half, as well as plates shattered all over the checkered flooring. A spaghetti mop was dangling from the counter top just a few feet away from where I stood, making lift my eyebrow in confusion at the inexplicable scene displaying before me. Then my eyes moved to the bad lighting as a hanging light bulb flickered irritably in the far corner of the restaurant.

What ever had happened in this restaurant must have been a terrible disaster. Plus it must have had something to do with me, otherwise why was I here? Why was I passed out on the blood stained floor? And better yet whose blood was I lying in?

Then I heard it. So I wasn't alone as I thought. It was a disgruntled whisper, yet so clear to my ears as it was the only noise that echoed into the silence. It sounded like a struggle, taunting me so. My eyes drifted slowly to the source of the tempting sound. Curiosity got my attention and seeing a blood curled hand stick out from around the counter was what got my feet to move. My steps slow as I approached the hand, moving around to get a better look at what body the bloody hand belonged to.

I gasped with eyes going slightly wide as I saw the remains of a corpse. I couldn't pacifically identify what gender the corpse was due to the fact that there was no head, was no leg and all the insides of the human was everywhere over itself. No lie.

I would have vomited at the mere sight, but I couldn't. I was a dead girl. Wait! I just remembered something about myself!

Barely paying any mind towards the corpse I searched my brain really hard to remember more. And then as like hearing your ears pop, everything came back to me. Of course it came slowly but once I pieced the pieces together, the deadliest scowl immediately replaced my blank expression. The realization forcefully spat at my face that I now understood why my body had tried to make my mind as blank as possible. Because it was only trying to make me forget and block out what had happened in the woods with Chad just a few hours ago.

Clinching my hands into balls with frustration, I looked down and only then noticed that there was a knife getting tightly gripped in my bloody hand. I did not know how or why I had a knife in my hands but I did know for sure that that body lying limply in front of me got attacked by this knife.

So then did I kill this innocent human? I stressed with a quirk of an eyebrow. No... I couldn't have, yet I could very well have! I mean, I was full of rage when I came into this dinner. I wasn't thinking when I approached the waiter at this very counter and I probably blackout and attacked.

Wait, that would mean I'm a cold blooded killer, wouldn't it? "Oh my fucking god!!" I said in disbelief. Taking slow steps backwards, away from the dead human. "I'm a murderer!" I stressed, with my free hand going up to my hair and pulling at it, knowing that pulling won't make the scene in front of me disappear any time soon.