Chapter 11

I don't own LotR nor Hobbit. Just my oc and this story

______________________

Ithilwen arrived back at Bards home in record time. Knocking on the damp wooden door, it swung with its disgruntled owner answering. One look at who was on his door step, his face went into anger. " I told you to leave with the company. So no. I've had enough of dwarves and elf's in my home. Go away." Bard answered in a sharp tone. He was about to slam it close but Filli put his foot in the door, preventing him from closing. The bargemen looked to him, as the blonde held open the door, "Please, my brother is sick; And no one will help us." he stated with Bofur, who arrived at last, adding in. Bard stared Kili on Ithilwens back, his face pale as the moon. "Alright, get in but hurry before I change my mind." caving in. The human made room for the small group to walk in.  

Quickly, Ithilwen walked into the home and heading straight to the bed. Setting him down, she tucked him underneath the covers. Sadness overtaking her. 

_____ 

Thranduil sat on his throne, waiting on Lord Elrond's healer and supplies.  The mirkwood king was twiddling with Ithilwens butterfly hairpiece. Oh Wen-lell. sighing, he continued to fiddle with the crystal. 

----- 

The mirkwood king groaned as he awakened. Looking around with his right eye, he saw that Lord Elrond was beside him. Glancing up from his task, the Elven Lord smiled. "My friend, you are finally awake." his voice in a hushed whisper. Thranduil nodded in acknowledgment. "How long have I been asleep?" his voice hoarse from unuse and screaming. "A month at the most." Elrond answered, taking a pitcher from the table, he poured it into a cup. 

The blonde slowly sat up but found he was unable to do so. He tried moving his head to look at what was keeping him but Elrond told him not to move. Setting the cup down on the table, the elven lord moved to the other side of the wounded king. The elf could feel that some weight was lifted off of his wounded side. Trying again, the elven king could now sit up. Taking the cup from the table, he slowly started to drink. After he was done, he set it back down just in time to see the brown haired lord come back into his sight. Ice crystal eyes widened as he took notice of what was in his friends arms. 

 Ithilwens' head lay on his shoulder while her hands were bunched in his garments. "Your daughter was very brave." he stated, while walking towards the lords uninjured side. "When we first brought you back, this little one was wakened." he began telling the story while he set the little princess on her fathers side. Once she was on the bed, she cuddle into her fathers side mumbling "Ada." Thranduil slightly smiled at the cute gesture. 

"Legolas tells me that when she noticed where the servants were going to, she wanted to immediately went towards your room. She actually bit Legolas's ear trying to reach you as well as kicking him in the face." Elrond told, chuckling at the memory of healing the elf's disgruntled face. "That tactic actually worked, she succeeded in coming in here but not before your son took her out. Even then she fought him." he said. 

Thranduil chuckled softly, as he gently brushed through his daughters hair. "Afterwards, she and Legolas sat outside your door waiting. I'm actually surprised he even let her near your room."  Elrond chuckled. "Eventually, when I had finished your treatment, I exited your room and there I found your son asleep while your daughter was wide awake.

The wounded elf blinked as he looked from the elf to the his daughter. "Really?" asking in disbelief. The brown haired elf nodded, "Yes and as soon as I had blinked, she was already gone. I looked back into your room and there she was. She was about ready to climb up when I caught her. " shaking his head at the young elliths antics. 

The blonde gave an airy laugh but winced, "Yes she would do that. " gazing lovingly at his daughter. "She actually snuck in here more than once." he declared. Thranduil hummed at this statement. 

A groan was heard as the little ellith stirred. Rubbing her eyes, she sat up. "Lord Elrond?" she questioned. "Hush little Wen, go back to sleep." carding through Ithilwens hair. At the sound of her fathers voice. Ithilwen snapped her head up, tears slowly falling from her face. "Hello, Little Wen." 

The young ellith started sniffling. Soon she began crying, "Ada!", crying she buried herself in his robes. Thranduil, smiled as he rubbed his daughters head in comfort. "You were such a brave ellith." he praised. 

-----

Back at Bards home, Ithilwen was going through the same memory but was quickly snapped out of it by Kili's screaming. "Can you not do something?" Fili asked, frantically looking to Oin.  "I need herbs, something to bring down his fever." the greyed dwarf explained in a calm tone. Bard set a few jars on the island table. "I've got nightshade, feverfew," listing off the herbs he had. "Those will be useless, I've got some kingsfoil." Ithilwen offered, reaching into her cloak. At this both Oin and Bard looking to her. 

However, the elliths eyes widened. "What!" she exclaimed making Bard and his children jump. The silver blonde ellith searched through her cloak and scabbards. "Sorry Ith-" a sharp icy glare was sent to Fili. The dwarf gulped as he felt the chill of his friends stare. "I mean Erayas, I used what you had of kingsfoil on your shoulder and hand." he explained, holding the cloth to his brothers head. 

Bard glanced from the dwarf to the elf. What name was he about to say? wondering what the dwarf prince was going to say. "Well there goes that plan?" she seethed, rubbing her temples. "Do you have any kingsfoil?" she asked, looking to the bardsmen. "No, it's a weed. We feed it to the pigs." he told her. Stepping away from Kili, Bofur in his own world mumbled something. Hastily turning to the sickened dwarf, he ordered them not to move. It's not like he can move anyway. she sighed, rubbing her temples again.  Oin and Fili looked to each other confusion written on his face. 

Not soon after did Bofur left, did the Earth shake. Everyone inside the home held onto something as they looked to the mountain. Tilda hugged her bear in fear as she looked to her father. The dragon is awake.  Fili left his brother side to stand in front of Bard. "You need to leave, take your children and go." telling him to leave. Bard slowly turned, "and where would we go?" a hopelessness filling his voice. "Are we going to die, Da?" 

Looking to his youngest, he shook his head. "No, we will not die," Reaching to the roof, Ithilwen gasped as she saw what Bard ripped from his roof. "not with this." 

____________

Yay! I updated on time! Thank you for your patience. Thank you also for the views💚, votes💜, and comments💙 they all greatly appreciated!